Chapter 4

Clay found himself struggling to sleep that night. Where he usually thought of Techno and cuddled up to his pillow happily, he found himself thinking about George.

Stupid fucking George.

He huffed in annoyance, rubbing his eyes and groaning as he grabbed a knife from his bedside and stabbed the blade into the closest pillow. That helped. Not even bothering to pull the blade from the pillow, he turned over and closed his eyes.

He managed to fall asleep- somehow. He wasn't sure either. He wasn't even sure he was asleep- his thoughts of murder and dreams of murder naturally being very similar.

When he woke up, it was the same process as usual- get dressed (knives included), brush teeth, don't eat, and walk to school thinking about Techno. Except, of course with the way this horrible week was going, he couldn't just think of Techno- no.

Instead of that, his mind was flooded with thoughts of George. They weren't even murderous, hateful thoughts- that was the worst part. He was just... thinking about him.

He was at school soon enough. His immediate plan was to check on Techno, but Techno was already talking to Wilbur. Alright, plan B- talk to another friend to get George out of his head. Plan B wasn't as easy as it sounded, considering he only really had one friend.

He and Sapnap had been friends since they were kids. Sapnap didn't know about his murderous tendencies, of course, but if Clay had to trust anyone with that detail of himself it would be him.

He walked to the cafeteria, where the freshmen usually hung out, but didn't find his friend. Strange, but he didn't question it. Dodging the breakfast line, he headed back out and down the hall on a search for his friend.

He saw sapnap's back and smiled a bit to himself. Finally, he had arrived at distraction land- or so he had assumed. "Hey, Sapnap, I-" he cut himself off as his friend turned around to greet him. Looking past him at who he was speaking to.

You have got to be kidding me.

Of course he couldn't escape George that easily. Of course, of FUCKING course, George would be talking to Sapnap. Why wouldn't he be?

"Oh, Clay!" Sapnap greeted with a grin.

"...hi. Am I... interrupting something??"

"Huh? Oh, no! This is George, we have Computer Science together!" Sapnap introduces happily.

"Hey Cl-" George started, only to be interrupted.

"Yeah, we've met." He huffed in a somewhat irritated tone.

The two of them both looked a bit taken aback by Clay's hostile tone, George looking down a small bit in guilt after yesterday.

"So... uh..." Sapnap attempted to mend the silence, "did you... need something?"

Clay huffed and crossed his arms. "No? Am I not allowed to just /talk/ to you? Or is George more important?!" He snapped.

Sapnap and George kinda glanced at each other in stunned silence for a few seconds. Sapnap knew Clay- this wasn't normal for him. "...Clay, I-" he reached out an arm to grab Clay's shoulder, but Clay grabbed his wrist before he could.

"It's fine. I'm gonna go find Techno."

Just like yesterday, he stormed off without leaving the others a chance to speak.

Sapnap texted him multiple times, but he left him on read each time. That was, until a concerned text came from an unknown number.

???: Clay, are you okay?
???: I'm sorry if I upset you, I didn't mean to-

Clay blinked a few times before quickly switching over to Sapnap's texts.

Sapnap🧡✨: can you just text me back??
Read.

Me: did you really fucking give George my number??
Me: tf dude
Sapnap🧡✨: I was worried!!
Sapnap🧡✨: You stormed off randomly
Sapnap🧡✨: you never do that!!
Me: i stg Nick
Sapnap🧡✨: breaking out the first name???
Sapnap🧡✨: I didn't piss you off that bad did I?
Me: ...
Me: it's fine Sapnap

He huffed and shook his head, switching back to his conversation with George. He quickly typed a contact in- he typed it wrong, but he didn't bother to fix it.

Me: it's whatever
Gogy: you're not mad?
Me: idc
Me: it's not like I'm gonna say u can't talk to Sapnap
Me: that would be selfish or whatever
Gogy: yeah, I guess
Gogy: I'm glad your ok :)
Read.

Clay huffed and tossed his phone into his backpack recklessly, not caring. He just didn't want to talk to George or Nick in the moment.

The bell rang and Clay went to class, ignoring any more texts from anyone. The first 4 classes of the day passed seamlessly, Clay paying a decent amount of attention as a distraction.

When the bell for lunch rang, he hopped up from his desk and slung his bag over his shoulder. He quickly headed downstairs, heading to the senior courtyard to eat with techno.

He didn't make it far- he walked passed a few doors before he felt a hand grab his wrist.

"Clay!"

He flinched, hearing his name. He looked over to see Sapnap smiling a bit.

"...Sapnap!" He replied, teasing him for his tone.

"Hey, me and George were working on this project and we kinda need your help- it's not lame, I swear! Wanna just come fuck around in Minecraft for a bit?"

Clay blinked a bit and tilted his head. "Nick, you know I usually eat lunch with Techno-"

Sapnap's brows furrowed at that. It was a look of concern- but it didn't last more than a moment. "Come on man, you can go one day without him. I'm starting to get worried about you-"

"Ugh, why is everyone 'worried about me' all of a sudden??" Clay growled, pulling his hand back from Sapnap.

Sapnap blinked a bit, taken back by the aggression in his tone once again. "It's just-"

"It's just that you don't get it! I don't /care/ if he's a senior or if he says he doesn't know me or if he get mean sometimes, we love each other and there's nothing you can-"

Sapnap had to think of something to stop Clay from leaving. He was pulled out of his train of thought by Clay ranting about things he didn't even intend to bring up. Not sure what else to do, he just grabbed him by the wrist once more and pulled him into the classroom he came from.

Clay was too shocked from that to respond immediately, so he just allowed himself to be yanked into the back of the computer science lab.

"Hey, I'm pretty sure it's against the class rules to kidnap students-" pointed out the teacher that was watching over them. Clay recognized him as a English teacher- a friend of the teacher he had killed on Monday, as well as of the teacher for this class.

"It's fine Sir, Skeppy's fine with it," Sapnap said quickly. Skeppy was a name that Clay recognized- it was a nickname for the computer science teacher.

"Oh... in that case, go on," the stand-in teacher shrugged.

Clay looked at the man with a 'sir please help' type look, but the teacher was already distracted with his lunch. This side of the school was so fucking weird- this is why Clay hung out with seniors.

Deciding that it wasn't worth fighting, Clay sighed and logged into the computer. As he did so, he noticed Sapnap and George giving each other weird looks and gestures.

Whatever- at least he could play Minecraft during lunch. He would try and keep Techno off of his mind for 40 minutes to help Sapnap with a project.

At least, that was the plan.