Prologue

"Dream, what's taking you so long?"

Clay looked up from his work at his boyfriend, rather proud of himself. It was a messy job- the wall and floor of the bathroom covered in blood, along with Clay's hoodie. He spun the knife in his hand, only spreading the blood further. Techno shifted to avoid getting a drop on his uniform.

"Relax! I got the job done, didn't I?" He asked coyly. Techno only shook his head.

"Barely. This one's sloppier than the last one." Techno huffed, kicking the still bleeding corpse that laid in front of them.

Clay only laughed, pulling the hoodie he had been wearing off to reveal his clean uniform. "But you love me, right?" he questioned playfully, grinning up at the taller man.

"I love the work you do."

"Same thing, babe."

Techno huffed and pulled a cigarette out from his pocket, lighting it. He handed Clay another. He pressed the lit end of his own cigarette to Clay's to light it, not even wanting to waste lighter fluid on the other. Clay appreciated it wholeheartedly nonetheless. After a small moment of leaning against the wall smoking, Techno stood.

"I'm heading to class. You deal with the mess you made."

"Sure thing babe!"

Dream hummed to himself as he got to work disposing of the body. He had a smile on his face, humming as he did so.
He and Techno had been dating for around 2 months now- something Clay was more than happy about. He had fallen in love with the senior the first day he saw him- first day of freshman year. That was only 6 months ago now, but it felt so distant that it was no more than a fond memory.

Techno had a girlfriend, but she was out of the picture quick. That was when Clay's work was far cleaner- when he was less confident in himself. The memory itself was funny to Clay, as he didn't even have fun with it back then.

He started having fun a few rivals in- if you could even call them that, they didn't put up much of a fight against his knife- when Techno discovered his work. He didn't take credit right away of course, but he did start targeting those who brought his crush troubles. Techno seemed pleased with his work, so he knocked off more annoyances like a cat bringing dead birds and rats to its owner.

Wanting credit, he started labeling his work. Not with a real name or anything that he could be identified with- he gave himself an alias in the spur of the moment. He began labeling his work with the pseudonym "Dream" for no reason other than that he liked the name. Of course, seeing as he was fairly smart, Techno didn't take too long to figure out who was behind all of this.

Clay would always make sure Techno saw his work before cleaning up. There were no other witnesses- even under an alias like Dream, Clay didn't want to let anyone else see his work. He was sure to see that Techno left the scene before cleaning up, but the senior was smart. Smarter than Clay realized. He stayed behind and confronted him while he was cleaning, not giving him any room to lie. Just one of the many reasons he loved him- he was so smart and intimidating.

When being confronted, Techno kept a calm tone as he struck a deal. He asked Clay why he was doing this, and Clay confessed his love. Techno agreed that he wouldn't see anyone else as long as Clay would kill who he was asked to, when he was asked to. Of course, Clay agreed. End of story.

Clay sighed contently, standing as he finished cleaning the last of the blood off of the wall. Ah, true love.

He hummed happily as he headed to class. His classes went fine, sitting in the back doing nothing but waiting to see Techno- as usual. When the bell rang for lunch, he hopped up and headed to meet with his boyfriend at the senior courtyard.

He ran up to the taller man and gave him a hug as he saw him, only to be pushed away by the other. He only giggled happily, clinging to him like a lost puppy. Techno sighed, heading to their usual secluded spot under a tree in the senior courtyard.

"I have another assignment for you, Dream." Techno stated, pulling another cigarette out and handing one to Clay.

Clay grinned, taking the cigarette and putting it in his mouth after Techno lit it with his own. "Lay it on me."

"New kid. Junior. Friend of a friend, you know?"

"Mhm- You know the drill! You give me a name, I give you a body."

"Good. The name is George. I want a body by Friday."

"Yes sir!"