My Center; My Muse (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

I quickly swallowed my food and drank some water before clearing my throat so I can introduce myself.

"Hi! My name is Im Yoon-ah! Born on the 30th of May. I'm known as the muse of the university and I'm also a member of the dance troop! I'm looking forward to spending a school year with you!" I greeted and smiled at everyone.

Yes, I am the chosen muse of the university and I'm proud to say that I've been keeping the title for 2 years now. The muse usually changes every year and this will be my third year.

As our professor called for another student, I went back to shoving food in my mouth. Too stressed and disappointed in what happened earlier to care about what Taehyung's impression will be. This is why you don't assume and expect people.

If you aren't aware, there's a lot of rumors going around saying that Kim Taehyung and Kim Jennie are actually married if not dating each other. Taehyung never said a thing about it but Jennie is giving a lot of obvious hints that those rumors are true. I know I shouldn't believe those unless Taehyung confirmed it but it still hurts you know.

"Good morning everyone, I'm Kim Taehyung the center of our university's basketball team. I am also looking forward to spending a school year with you especially with the most beautiful woman." I tried my best not to show how interested I am in Taehyung's introduction by keeping my mouth full of food but because of that, I wasn't able to catch his last few words.

I once again huffed in annoyance and frowned even more as it was Jennie's turn after Taehyung.

"Hey! I'm Kim Jennie, the captain of our university's cheerleading team! I hope we all get together and everyone respects what's mine." Do you see what I mean by her giving out hints? It's so annoying but I luckily was able to hold the eye roll that was about to come.

After 3 torturing hours of sitting in front of my laptop, my morning classes finally finished and it's time for me to go to the univ. The protocols are less stricter now than before and I have important business to do so I really have no choice but to go.

"Hey, Yoongs!" My teammates greeted me as I entered our dance practice room.

I greeted them all back before placing my stuff on my locker. The University Sports Competition is just around the corner and we'll have to perform for the intermissions. I also have training after this as the muse since I'll be walking during the opening and closing ceremony.

"Okay, so let's talk about the dances first then I have an announcement to make." Hyoyeon unnie, our captain, announced so we all sat on the floor and listened to everyone's suggestions.

"So some of you might be happy and some might be mad or disappointed with the announcement but, the student council informed us that they want us to collaborate with the cheerleading squad," My eyes widen at unnie's words and I scoffed in disbelief.

So if there is one thing to say about the cheerleading squad and our dance troop, that is we don't go well together. We are like water and oil, we can't mix. We can't stay in the same room for an hour without shedding blood and tears.

"Now, I know most of you disagree but we can't really do anything about it now," We all sighed in hopelessness and just accepted our ill fate. 

As our meeting finished, I went straight to the Fashion Department of our univ since we also have a meeting.

"Our dearest muse is here!" The professor who's managing our team greeted me as I entered the room.

"Good day!" I greeted them all before sitting on my assigned seat.

"So it will be the same, Yoona will walk on the runway during the opening ceremony and closing ceremony. Both still have the evening gown competition and creative environmental-friendly competition. We'll start designing the clothes now so we'll take Yoona's measurements already. The only difference for this year is that since basketball is one of the most awaited events in the whole sports competition, During the opening segment of each battle, the muses will have to escort the chosen member of each team. We are still discussing that so I'll get back to you about those later," Prof asked us if we have any suggestions and since there were none, everyone started working.