Chapter 66

"CAW!! DISEASED!! DISEASED!" a crow flew pass.

Obanai took a deep breath, bracing himself for the worst.

"TOKITO MUICHIRO!! SHINAZUGAWA GENYA!! DEAD!! DEAD!!!"

That was worse than worst.

He knew how she and Tokito had been together for months.

How her eyes sparkled every time his name was mentioned.

How her smiles and grins were wider than ever beside him.

How her hand would reach for his every single day.

Keep fighting, Suzuki, don't hesitate, don't give up.

Make him proud of you too.

************************************************
"CAW!!! REVIVAL!!!! MUZAN IS REVIVED!!! ALL HASHIRA GATHER AT ONCE!!!" crows zoomed through the fortress, racing with time to spread the emergent news.

"WHAT!!!!???" Zenitsu screeched on Murata's back, "He is back!!?? Already!!!? But I'm still injured!!!! I'm going to die!!!! And my Nezuko!!!!! Where is she!!? I still haven't married her!!!! I don't want to die so soon!!!!"

"Zenitsu!!! Argh!!" Murata complained, "Stop pulling my hair!!! You want me to become bald!!! Don't you!!? Yushiro said you won't be dying!!!! Didn't you hear him!!?"

"Please be quiet, Zenitsu-san, Murata-san," Kanao scolded the boys calmly, "We may attract demons if you keep yelling at each other."

"Woo hoo!!! Let's go!!!" Inosuke ran in the front, high-spirited, "The great Inosuke will defeat Muzan!!! Mhahaha!!!"

"Tsuyuri-san! Hashibara-san! Agatsuma-san! W-Wait for us!!" a band of kakushi and lower ranked slayers were trailing behind the trio.

Everyone fell to their knees and screamed, clutching each other as the floor under their feet ascended in a rapid speed out of the blue.

"GYYYYAAAAAA!!!!!!!" Zenitsu shrieked, his voice was so shrill that it could shatter glass, "WHAT IS GOING ON!!!!????"

Kanao glanced around, everything is going up...!? If they had really been underground the whole time, did it mean they were being pushed to the surface now? She couldn't even lift her arms, the pressure was weighing her whole body down.

"AHHHHHH!!!!!" Zenitsu started screaming at the other direction, "WHAT IS THAT!!!!!????"

Everyone turned, gasping at the cubic room crashing straight into them.

W-We're going to die!!!!!! 

"Fox Breathing, Fourth Form, Kinko to Ginko, Omnyō!"

Debris rained down.

Kanao's eyes widened at her new look.

Chizuko-chan...!?

************************************************
Chizuko, Zenitsu and Kanao finished arranging the kakushi and slayers into small teams while Inosuke collected talisman paper scattered across the place.

"Teams one to fifteen, please follow the crows and depart first. Assistance in evacuating the area is needed, orders are given that civilians should by no means enter. If possible, please also rescue the people stuck under the rubbles,"  Chizuko divided the workload according the the latest instructions given by the headquarters, "Teams fifteen to twenty two, please follow us, we would meet up with another team of kakushi before we head for the main battlefield."

"Hai!!" the slayers and kakushi went into action.

Spotting Kanao's hairpin, Shinobu's voice rang in Chizuko's mind.