Chapter 37

"Mmpphhh~!"

"Ahhh! Nezuko! I-It's impolite to lay on the floor! Sorry, Chizuko-san!"

"Chusaro! What is the meaning of this!!? Why is there a hole in the middle of the road!!? Is this a challenge!!? Let me out!!! I can dig better holes than you!!!"

"Inosuke you have never befriended a girl haven't you? Oh how poor of you! Getting back at a lady is not the right thing! I as a gentleman will never do that!"

"SHUT UP! MONITSU!"

Muichiro sat from his futon and rubbed his eyes, why was it so noisy?

What are those three doing here?

He then heard Chizuko's voice.

"I-It's completely fine! Tanjiro's-san! A-And sorry about that, Inosuke-san, that trap was meant for Iguro-sama. Everyone please make yourselves at home! I'll prepare a futon for Nezuko-chan, just wait for a moment."

Muichiro stood abruptly and left his room.

************************************************
"Chizuko-san! I'll help you boil soup! You are cooking tempura for us already!" holding onto the handle of a pot, Tanjiro insisted.

Chizuko shook her head, refusing to release the other handle, "It's fine! Tanjiro-san! You, Zenitsu-san and Inosuke-san helped me prepare the ingredients! I can handle the rest!"

Zenitsu and Inosuke looked between the two helplessly, they had been like that ever since they entered the kitchen.

Someone is at the door, Zenitsu could hear a person approaching. It should be a he, maybe younger than us. He furrowed his eyebrows slightly, there was anger in the calm, and...

Jealousy?

Before Zenitsu could ask Chizuko about it, the kitchen door slid open, revealing boy with long black hair that ended in mint green.

Inosuke shivered involuntarily as he and Zenitsu made way for the mysterious boy. The boy's presence screamed of strength and danger, like half and half haori Inosuke met on their previous mission.

"Muichiro-kun?" Chizuko blinked as Muichiro snatched the pot from Tanjiro's hands.

"I will help you prepare dinner," Muichiro said while glaring at the three boys in the kitchen.

E-Eh? What's happening!? Chizuko couldn't conceal her surprised expression. It was the first time that Muichiro took the initiative to stop by her place for dinner in a long while, let alone assisting her in the kitchen. A tingle of guilt surged through her, perhaps she should have invited Muichiro over.

Nonetheless, a smile crept up Chizuko's lips.

************************************************
The trio watched as Chizuko guided Muichiro, who clearly didn't know how to cook, around the kitchen.

Zenitsu's brows knitted slightly. He could hear how Chizuko's whole tone changed when Tokito Muichiro appeared. Sure, her voice was cheerful and gentle as usual, but it was softer with a hint of sorrow. He didn't know how to put it, but it seemed she was searching for something, trying to communicate with someone that didn't exist.

Judging by Tanjiro's worried glance and an abnormally quiet Inosuke, Zenitsu knew his friends sensed the same things as him.

The trio exchanged a knowing look, they had something to ask Chizuko after dinner.

************************************************
"Itadakimasu!"

"Mhahahaha!" Inosuke laughed, stuffing his favourite food into his mouth with both hands.