Chapter 11

Hachi and Chizuko entered the Rengoku estate. Chizuko gulped as she closed the gates, unsure what to expect. What if she were bothering them?

"Hello! You must be Chizuko-chan! I am Kanroji Mitsuri! Just call me Mitsuri!" a cheerful voice exclaimed. Chizuko turned to see the most stunning girl she had ever seen. Her jade green eyes glistened under the morning sun, her hair faded from pale pink to leaf green, her voice resembled that of bells. If Chizuko were a boy, she was sure that she would fall head over heels at first sight.

A golden haired boy followed behind Mitsuri, Chizuko was shocked at how his hair with red tips reminded her of the flames. Even his eyes look like fire, Chizuko gaped. Sensing Chizuko's amazement, Kyojuro smiled warmly, "Hello! Young Suzuki! I am Rengoku Kyojuro! The flame hashira! I will be responsible for your training this week!"

"I-I am Suzuki Chizuko!" Ahhh! What am I doing? They already know my name! Chizuko shook her head, "I-I mean... It's very nice to meet you! Mitsuri-sama and Rengoku-sama!" Chuckling, Kyojuro ruffled Chizuko's hair and announced, "Let's waste no time and start our training!"

************************************************
Chizuko felt as if her arms and legs were about to fall off.

"Ganbatte! Chizuko-chan!" Mitsuri cupped her hands around her mouth and cheered, "You're almost here!" Kyojuro stood next to Mitsuri under the tree, "Umu! You're doing great for your first day! Young Suzuki!"

How many miles have they ran? Chizuko was panting and sweating too much to do the math. How can they be not tired at all? Gritting her teeth, Chizuko used the last of her strength to speed forward towards Mitsuri and Kyojuro, almost dropping to the floor.

"Hurray!" Mitsuri hugged Chizuko and spun her around like in the movies, "Good job~" Kyojuro nodded, "I believe you will become a great member if you work hard everyday! Suzuki!" Chizuko became misty-eyed, she wasn't used to being showered with encouragement, it felt like flowers were blossoming in her heart after a storm.

"It's almost lunchtime! Let's head back!" Kyojuro took the lead.

************************************************
A pyramid of sides sat on Chizuko and Senjuro's rice.

Kyojuro kept placing food in their bowls, "Senjuro! Suzuki! You should eat more and become stronger!" "Yea! You both need to grow taller and build muscle!" Mitsuri did the same thing.

Senjuro was hesitating whether to cover his bowl or not, "Nii-san! Th-That's too much! Suzuki-sama and I can't finish and we don't want to waste." Chizuko nodded furiously. Though Snejuro's cooking rivalled Aoi's, she was sure that she would be stuffed by that amount of food.

But compared to Kyojuro and Mitsuri, she and Senjuro ate little.

"Chizuko-chan? Have you had pancakes before?" Mitsuri asked unexpectedly. Chizuko shook her head, pancakes? A pan of cakes? A pan shaped cake? Mitsuri explained, "It's a western styled dessert! It's fluffy and delicious! You'll definitely like it! Chizuko-chan! Let's go to the cafe this weekend!" "I-Is it in the town nearby?" Chizuko widened her eyes, she had never been there.

Kyojuro nodded, "We should all go this weekend and show Suzuki our favourite stalls!" "Rengoku-sama! Mitsuri-sama! Y-You don't have to bother yourself! You must be busy and-" "Don't worry, young Suzuki, we are free this weekend," Kyojuro reassured Chizuko. He recalled the letter about Chizuko's apprehension Kocho had sent him, he wanted to help free her from this.

"We'll focus on flexibility in the afternoon, Chizuko-chan!" Mitsuri stated. Chizuko nodded, "Hai, Mitsuri-sama."

************************************************
"Just a little more! Chizuko-chan!" Mitsuri was stretching Chizuko's legs into a split.