Chapter 49

CHAPTER FORTY-NINE

CHAPTER FORTY-NINE

"I would rather be stabbed again than say this..."

***

"Lovejoy's key-card will get you into the armory. The guns are locked, but the guard has a key and I can lure him away-" 

 "Don't you worry about us getting the guns," I allowed myself a smug little smirk, crossing my arms over my chest. I could see Phia roll her eyes, and Maya scrunched her eyebrows up in confusion. "But, the guard-" 

 "Trust me on this one." 

 Maya stopped in her tracks, glancing behind us at the empty hallway. 

 "Once we get the guns, how do we get to level five?" Bellamy brought us back to the matter at hand, "there are guards at every door." 

 "Maybe not... the mess hall has a trash chute." 

 I don't know if this was the privileged boy in me talking, but my nose wrinkled at the very thought of sliding down a trash chute. "A trash chute?" 

  "There's one on every level," Maya, mistaking my disgust for interest, explained. "Best part is that there is no radiation alarms, hatches leak like crazy so they put in these airlocks just to be safe. You get the guns, I'll get them to the mess hall." 

 Bellamy gave the girl a small smile, "you're a natural born revolutionary."

 She didn't smile, "my mom was a revolutionary, I'm just doing what's right." 

 Bellamy nodded, "be back here in thirty minutes," he gestured for us to follow him, so we did, Phia saluting Maya as she passed. "Nice job, maun gada.

 Maya blinked, "um, you too." 

 Phia gave me a smug smile when she passed, immediately taking the lead  out of the two of us, throwing me a smirk over her shoulder and making me roll my eyes, shoving my hands in my pockets and averting eye-contact from the boy next to me. 

 "Still mad at me?" 

 "I'm not mad." 

 "Shut up." 

 "You shut up!" 

 "Shh!" Phia turned around to shush me, raising a finger to her lips and giving me a stern look. I clamped my lips shut, feeling my cheeks heat up as Bellamy allowed himself a small smile of victory. "See? Mad."