Chapter 10

CHAPTER TEN

CHAPTER TEN

"You did this yourself? Can I have your autograph? Or just like, a hug?" 

***

As soon as I got back to camp, a sharp pain pricked my wrist. I winced as the wristband detached from my skin, falling into my other hand. I stared down at it, before growling and throwing it as hard as I could at the nearest tree, pushing past Monty and into the Drop Ship. 

***

"Nate!"

 I jumped, blinking in surprise as Octavia burst into the Drop Ship. I didn't know why she was here, but didn't ask. Instead, I leaned my head back against the hard metal of the Drop Ship, closing my eyes. "What?"

 "You need to see this!" She reached down to grab my arm, and basically drag me outside. I grumbled my complaints, frowning as I observed the scene in front of me. All of the remaining one hundred were gathered under the stars, staring at something streaking through the sky. 

 It appeared that they were observing a streak of light through the dark sky. It was light, and admittedly breathtaking as it plumetted towards Earth. 

 "Is that a pod?" I asked, squinting my eyes at the falling debris from space. "Like, from the Ark?" 

"Yep." Bellamy appeared from beside me, and I immediately felt my heart lurch and my face heat up when I saw he wasn't wearing a shirt. I looked back at the sky. Stupid Bellamy. He may be slightly asshole-ish... but he was undeniable super hot, which made me mad. 

 "They're coming to help us!" Jones exclaimed happily, almost bouncing up and down. The parachute on the pod deployed, slowly the impact. "Now we can go kick some Grounder ass!" 

 "Please tell me they brought down some shampoo." A girl dressed in nothing but a blanket said. I rolled my eyes. 

 "Hopefully." 

 She gave me a odd, sideways look. I mocked her look. "What? You're not the only one who has fabulous hair." I jokingly flipped mine, which was hard since it really wasn't that long. 

 "We gotta find out where it landed." Octavia pointed out, and I nodded in agreement. "That could be someone with food, weapons." 

 "Or shampoo." 

***

When I first saw Bellamy sneaking out of his camp, fully geared. I was suspicious. Just so you know, suspicious in Nate's Vocabulary means curious. So naturally, I got up and followed him. I didn't have much better to do, I have been brooding for so long that Monty and Jasper have been telling me their worst jokes, and it was beginning to qualify as a form of torture.