Chapter 17: Curious Child

Start from the beginning

"I don't know. Clubs are better than some house parties." You try to convince her. As if she cares about your words.

"I know what you wanna say 'Getting along with stranger is better than embarrassing yourself in front of someone you know while being drunk.' Only I know how many times you've said that." She protests.

Stubborn. She even memorized your words. But still, she can't get it. Disgruntlement was expressed by the release of a deep breath from you.

"Okie see you at 11 tomorrow. Bye." She utters. The enthusiasm never leaving from her voice as well as expression. After all, we're gonna meet after so many years.

"Bye," You mutter pessimistically unlike her. She hangs up. The sense of enthusiasm was long gone replacing you with a lugubrious feeling.

Jimin stares at you like a curious child waiting for his bedtime story. Jimin on a swing giving more of a cute vibe unlike the devilish one earlier.

"She's coming. And she wants a huge welcome party at your house." You depict your disagreement with your expression as well as Jimin.

But none of you could do anything to stop the party.

||

The Next Morning

Darting your way to the airport, you step out of the car hastily. The loose hair escaping from your messy bun while making its resident in front of your morning face.

Yes, you didn't get any time to put some makeup on. Without caring about this subtle trouble, you scurry over with stumbling steps.

Finding no signs of that woman, you take a minute to catch up with your breath. But seems like nobody loves to see you in peace.

Or your grievous luck is always on your side.

Hanging a hand over your shoulder, she leans into your already tired body. But the strength of pushing her away is not complimenting your current worn out body. But she removes her hand anyway, but only to clasp your entire body in a tight hug.

That's comforting somehow.

"I missed you."She cheeps like a bird in keenness. Clasping her arms around you more tightly, daring you to breathe.

"Me too." You muffled hardly. Regaining her consciousness, she lets you go out of her grip.

Tousled by the wind, her long brown locks look matted and dull around her perfectly sculpted face. Smudges of mascara under her eyes make it more fashionable on her face as well as the fading tints on her lips.

In some other person, it would look kind of vulnerable.

But oddly, it gives her a wild appearance along with her personality. And you admire it.

Unlike her brother Min Yoongi who always looks so calm.

The canary shade of yellow t-shirt with boldly black letters 'YOU SUCK LESS THAN MOST PEOPLE' imprinted on it hugs her body loosely but perfectly.

Without any certain reason, it kind of offends you.

Pairing it with a denim jacket that hangs lowly on her shoulder and black ripped jeans, she shoots her atmosphere an ideal casual look.

"I lowkey want to abuse you for being 30 minutes and 37 seconds late." She states confidently. The seconds which she stated is obviously her guess to sound accurate. She's not the type to value each second.

"But seeing your cute face, I can't control myself to hug you." She says as she scurries over to you like a little kid meeting her mom after a long time.

"Min Yuri! You owe me something for ruining my weekend sleep."Crossing your arms on your chest, you accuse her veraciously.

"Don't be a rude child. Lunch is on me today." Yuri offers, locking you in her arms again.