The older boy held it away from him. "I'll walk you to your table."

Jisung sighed.

But inside, he was relieved. Jeno was probably the safest person to be with. No one would touch Jisung as long as he was with Jeno.

Donghyuck's jaw dropped when he saw the two approaching. The other two boys turned and mirrored similar expressions.

Jeno set the tray down next to Jaemin, and addressed him as if Jisung couldn't hear. "Please convince him to stay home for a few days. He won't listen to me." Jeno knew Jisung would at least hear Jaemin's words.

"See you after lunch," The jock lightly brushed Jisung's shoulder, and marched off to his own table where Mark and Yukhei sat.

Jisung sat down. He wanted to thank Jeno, but he was also severely annoyed with him. His eyebrows scrunched while he glared down his carrots.

"Holy sh-"

"Lee Jeno just-"

"Jisung, why are you even here?" Jaemin cut off his ogling friends. The two quickly joined Jaemin in scolding Jisung.

"Wait yeah, you should be resting," Donghyuck grabbed Jisung's hand and gently stroked his thumb over the back of it.

Jisung grimaced and cocked his head back. "I just didn't want to miss school, okay? I'll take it easy."

His friends weren't content with the idea, but they eventually backed off. It was friday, after all.

Take it easy he did. Taeyong wouldn't even let him do more than stretch and mark his parts to keep his mind fresh. As for the library, he opted to sit in the gym instead, just to avoid being alone again. And when it was time to go tutor Jeno in the library, he waited for the basketball captain to be done with his showering so they could walk up together.

"Okay, that's all for that lesson." Jisung felt anxiety build in his stomach as he closed the session. Normally, Jeno would leave right after, having his own car, while Jisung waited alone for Jaemin to pick him up.

"Alright. See you Monday." Jeno waved goodbye, and turned away.

Jisung found his hand grabbing at Jeno's arm as a reflex. Jeno paused and looked back over his shoulder curiously.

The words got caught in Jisung's throat. "U-uhm.. Could... could you wait for my ride to come...? I-I don't want to wait here... alone..."

This was strange for Jeno. He'd never seen Jisung look so afraid. The poor boy was looking around as if being watched by monsters.

Something unidentifiable inside of Jeno switched on. Ten seconds prior, all Jeno wanted to do was get out so he could hang out with his friends for the start of the weekend. Now, the only thing he could think about was making sure Jisung felt safe, since the boy clearly seemed like he was scared.

"Of course," Jeno agreed as if it was the easiest thing in the world.

Jisung visibly eased, which concerned Jeno. He really was afraid of something. Did it have to do with yesterday?

"Thank you," the dancer breathed, slinging his backpack over his shoulder.

That looked like it hurt. Jeno frowned.

Silently, the jock took Jisung's backpack from him and put it over his own shoulder.

Jisung didn't say anything, although he looked like he wanted to protest. That meant he did need the help. He just didn't want to burden Jeno anymore.

Jeno found it silly that Jisung could find himself a burden to Jeno. If anything, it was the other way around.

"Let's go," The older began to walk out.

Jisung was quick to catch up, walking very close to Jeno. He was a lot more relaxed, but he'd occasionally look over his shoulder. Part of him hoped Jeno wouldn't notice.

He did.

And he was bothered by the fact that Jisung felt nervous, especially when Jeno was walking right beside him. He said nothing about it, though.

They stood at the front carpool lane until Jaehyun's car pulled up.

Jisung took his backpack back and thanked Jeno once more, and climbed into the car.

Then Jeno walked to the parking lot to go home.

This continued into the next week. The marking in dance, avoiding the library, the escorting, all until Jisung's bruises were no longer painful, and the scratch on his cheek was merely a fading pink splotch.

He started to dance again, oh how he missed it, but he would not let himself be alone for even a second. Study time was now regularly held in the gym, with his headphones in and turned up.

By the time Monday rolled around again, this new routine was accepted by all of his friends.

"Jisungie!" Jaemin bounced in his seat when they picked him up after tutoring.

Jaehyun waved to Jeno as Jisung pulled the door closed.

"Hey," He plopped his backpack down.

"Guess what?" Jaemin was very excitable, which made Jisung skeptical.

"What?"

Jaemin practically burst with the news. "You get to perform your solo at the next basketball game!"