4

"Jeno, pass!" One of the other basketball goons raised his hand. He was as loud as he was tall, which Jisung found annoying.

Jeno tossed the ball behind him thoughtlessly, and the tall boy used his lengthy arms to grab it out of the air. Their practice game continued, but Jeno was still standing in front of Jisung.

Before the older could try and terrorize the boy any more, Jisung caught him off guard with gratitude. "Thanks. Now move." He ruffled his own hair until it fell in front of his eyes, and then pushed past Jeno toward Jaemin, not wanting to be around the jock any longer than he had to.

Jeno was so surprised, he accidentally let it show on his face for a moment. With a shake of his head, he remembered what he was doing, and jumped back into the game.

"Uhm, did you just thank Lee Jeno?" Jaemin gaped in disbelief at his friend that climbed up the metal steps.

Jisung grumbled, sitting down and shoving his backpack into the ground by his feet. "Well I'm not an animal. What else was I supposed to do?"

"Hmm," Jaemin hummed as he thought, then pat Jisung on the head with a satisfied grin and a babying voice. "I raised you well."

"Also," he said as he pulled a pair of juice boxes out from his backpack. He took the straw of one and punched it into the hole before handing it to the younger, who took it without thinking twice. "Looks like our dreaded basketball captain isn't as much of an a-hole as we thought." Jaemin sipped on his own juice box, eyes trained on the very boy he was speaking of.

Jisung scoffed, observing Lee Jeno as well with a significantly more judgmental stare than Jaemin's.

After a few more minutes of their watching, the two boys got bored and started watching cringe videos on Jaemin's laptop for the rest of practice.

Jaehyun jogged over to the pair once he dismissed the team. "Hey Jisung," he waved at the boy.

Jaemin slapped the spacebar to pause the video, and grimaced up at his step-brother. "You're stinky, please go shower before we have to be stuck in a car with you."

The coach laughed, pulling out some charming dimples, and he pinched the boy's cheek. "I would, but I just softened the water at home."

"But you smell so grossss!" With a whine, Jaemin slapped his hand away and fell against the seats in a heap of dismay.

Jisung nodded, unimpressed. "You do smell pretty bad."

"Jisungie here smells good, even when he's sweaty. Why are you the exact opposite?" Jaemin flailed his arms in exasperation.

Jaehyun's jaw dropped, then fired back with his own bones to pick about Jaemin's habits.

Jisung's attention was pulled when he felt someone eyeing him from across the gym. Looking around, he made eye contact with Lee Jeno, who raised his eyebrows then winked before conversing with Lee Mark, the boy next to him.

Jisung couldn't have possibly rolled his eyes harder than he did in that moment.

"I'm over this, let's just go." Jaehyun waved away the argument between him and his brother. Perfect timing for Jisung.

The three exited out the other way of the gym that lead toward the teacher parking lot, in the opposite direction of Lee Jeno and his friends.

Absolute score for Jisung.