7

The first day of dance practice went over well. The team had only eleven members, four of which were boys. The girl that shoved Hyuck was among the girls of the team, and Jisung kept an eye on her. Her name was Harin. She didn't seem particularly rude, but he still kept his guard up.

"Great job guys, I'm looking forward to this year's team!" Taeyong praised the dancers as he handed out water bottles.

"Don't forget to practice!" Ten added onto the end of his partner's message, gladly taking the bottle Taeyong offered him. The observant Jisung saw the exchange between his coaches. He wouldn't be surprised if there was something going on between them.

A thought came crash landing into jisungs head, laying waste with fire and destruction in its wake. Jisung groaned, realizing what came after practice.

Dance ended about ten minutes before basketball did, so Jisung scurried from the dance room to the gym. With quick feet, he dodged the basketball game and to the bleachers to lay his situation on Jaemin, who was boredly sitting there.

"Wow, you have the worst luck on the planet." Jaemin popped an M&M into his mouth as he watched the basketball team clown themselves trying to chase after an orange inflatable bouncy ball.

Jisung huffed in frustration, because Jaemin was absolutely correct.

Jaemin absentmindedly patted Jisung's head. "I don't know if anyone's ever told you, but never gamble. Not the game for you."

"I think the universe wants me dead specifically." Jisung pouted in his seat.

Looking at the boy, Jaemin's face grew concerned. "In all seriousness, I'll make Jaehyun come and get you afterward so you still have a ride."

The thought of needing a ride from Lee Jeno was a horrible one that Jisung never wanted to ponder again.

Jaemin went back to looking at the team, and Jisung squinted at his elder. It then occurred to him that Jaemin was ogling at the basketball players.

"Oh my- this kid oh my goodness. The others would absolutely kill to be me right now." he had his eyes set on the tall obnoxious kid. "Look at his muscles! He can't be real there's no way."

Jisung just scoffed and bid his friend farewell. He took the last four minutes to go shower before the gross basketball team did.

If he was going to teach the dumb basketball captian how to use LOG, he was going to smell like roses and happiness while he did it.

Was it to impress Jeno? No, it was to get Jeno off his back. No way would Jisung let himself be sweaty and gross in front of his enemy.

He stepped out of the showers in sweats, with his damp hair sticking to his forehead and his duffle bag slung on his shoulder. Jeno was jogging up to the boy, wearing his sweaty jersey and panting by the time Jisung was crossing the bleachers.

"Okay, so, library?" Despite being out of breath, Jeno looked like he could go twenty more hours with his whole sports gig.

All Jisung could pay attention to was the stench of sweaty teenage boy wafting toward him by the boatload. He frowned and swept his eyes down and up the icky boy in front of him.

"Uh, no. Shower first, you smell like a wet dog." Jisung was not about that.

Jeno looked offended for a half second, before pursing his lips and nodding. He turned on his heel and jogged into the shower room, while Jisung scowled at his retreating form.

The boy spun around with a grumble and marched up to the library, loathing every step that he took.

The library was quite empty. The librarian wasn't even there, but at least the door was left open. Jisung stepped through the doorway and found a spot at a round table in the middle of the room. His usual spot was in the corner, but he didn't want the presence of Lee Jeno to defile his sacred place of peace.

It was also easier to spot when walking in so Jeno wouldn't think that he ditched.

Jisung went over the notes from math that day, and sighed. Oh how he hated math. Did Jeno hate math? Probably. If you're not good at something, you're bound to not like it for that reason specifically.

Interestingly enough, Jisung realized he didn't know much about Jeno at all. Nothing internal, anyway, besides the fact that basketball was really important to him.

That's where Jisung stopped his own thought process. No way was he going to spend his spare time thinking about the inner monologue of Lee Jeno. He ruffled his nearly-dry hair and shook his head.

The sound of soft knocking made Jisung pull his head up. Jeno was standing in the doorway, knuckles held up to the open door.

It was oddly polite.

"You didn't have to knock, the door is open." Jisung noted as Jeno shuffled to the table.

His wet hair looked like he barely took the time to dry it in a towel. It was dripping onto his sweatshirt and grey joggers as he sat down next to Jisung.

"Didn't want to startle you," He said as he pulled a folder out of his backpack.

Jisung was surprised that there was no pet name included, and accidentally stared at Jeno for longer than he meant to. Jeno caught his gaze and smirked.

"Angel-Face."

Aaaand there it was.

Feeling the impatience rising within him, Jisung rubbed his hand over his mouth and down his chin to calm himself. Instead of shooting back with a rude remark, he wanted to get this over with as soon as possible.

He looked down at his notes, then to the paper Jeno slapped onto the table. It was barely filled with little notes here and there that Jeno understood from the initial lesson.

Very different from the clean and thorough notes Jisung had taken.

"Okay, let's start with the first one." Jisung sighed.