6

Jisung hurried out of the classroom, not believing he'd just agreed to spend extra time with the one person he could not stand, doing the one thing that he could not stand.

Distressed as he went, Jisung trudged down the hallways to find his friends and tell them the horrible news.

"Did you make the team?"

"No, it's such a small list this year!!"

"Omg that's so dumb!!"

Chatter that was normally obnoxious to Jisung filled him with excitement in that moment. The dance team had been announced already. Anticipation and anxiety tumbled around in his stomach as he picked up his pace.

His horrible news was forgotten to him.

As he suspected, there was a buzzing crowd surrounding the bulletin board in the P.E. hallway. Lucky for him, he was tall. People usually naturally created pathways for him because of it. He took advantage of this odd gift and shimmied his way to the center of the crowd, where the paper was.

Girls were crying from devastation, or excitedly screaming with their friends. The crowd was ever-moving, and it made it difficult for Jisung to read the list. He had to put his hand on the wall to stabilize himself just so he could see that it was the right paper.

Eyes scanning down the list of names, Jisung's heart nearly sank when he didn't see his name. However, when he double checked, he saw that he skipped over his own name because he wasn't expecting it to be at the very top.

Melancholy was immediately replaced with a happiness that made his chest feel like it was going to burst.

"Move it! Pocketful of sunshine coming through!" Someone began pushing their way through the crowd, yelling and creating their own path to where Jisung stood.

A tan arm sloppily slung around Jisung's shoulders as none other than Lee Donghyuck nearly tackled him.

"Hey! Did you see you made it in?!" Hyuck pinched Jisung's cheek, and the boy couldn't even complain. He was too happy.

Jisung smiled, and his eyes disappeared behind his lids.

"That means you did!" Donghyuck deciphered, then cooed at the younger boy. "You're so cute, how could they not?"

"Hey, you're blocking the way!" Suddenly, an overly-eager girl elbowed Donghyuck, and both he and Jisung stumbled to the side.

Donghyuck released Jisung's cheek in a fit of disbelief. He turned on the girl, with attitude practically oozing off of him. "No, you're blocking the way." Hyuck brushed past her with a shove, pulling Jisung with him out of the crowd.

"Wow, imagine telling the literal sun to move." the tan boy huffed when they rounded the corner, where there were a lot less people. He released Jisung and blew his hair out of his face as he folded his arms stubbornly.

Jisung shrugged and ran a hand through his hair, not really bothered by the rude encounter. Again, he was way too happy to care.

"SUNGIEEEE" Renjun's voice steadily got louder until he collided with the boy he was calling so affectionately. Hugging the tall boy's back in a bear hug was his choice of skinship, making them sway back and forth while Jisung was hunched over from the waist in pain from the impact.

"Ah, what did I tell you!" Jaemin appeared seconds after, cupping Jisung's face and squishing his pouty lips together. Then, the boy smothered the younger in another hug.

Donghyuck whined about being left out of the group hug, and joined in on the suffocation of Park Jisung.