13

It had been a week since Jeno's apology, and a lot had changed.

Well, not necessarily a lot, but it was a lot to Jisung. He'd tried to pull back on his signature distaste for Lee Jeno.

Least to say, it was a struggle.

Jisung made it work, somehow, with his use of compassion. As a product of his hard work, conversation between him and Jeno had become seemingly more civil.

He no longer had to dread tutoring during dance practice, because tutoring wasn't dreadful as it was before. Jisung could now freely focus on his dancing, and it definitely showed.

Thanks to this new focus, the coaches' eyes had been on the boy several times as they ran routines. He noticed the calculated stare the first time, then feigned obliviousness for every stare after. Jisung made the decision to put his all into practice on this day. It couldn't hurt to practice 110%, could it?

In the stillness of the ending pose, Jisung realized how much he was sweating as droplets beaded on his skin, making him glisten with a dewy highlight in the mirror. His chest heaved, and muscles tensed from the dancing.

He looked at himself in the mirror. I look like I just ran three marathons.

CLICK.

Everyone's eyes, including Jisung's diverted to the opening door that squeaked on its hinges as soon as the song came to an end. On the other side was Coach Jung, looking as if he was guilty for interrupting something.

"Great practice, kids, you may go!" Taeyong wrapped the lesson up as quickly as his eyes landed on Jaehyun. The other kids listened and quickly filed out. Jisung did not.

The basketball coach strode over to Taeyong and Ten, striking up some light conversation. Jisung kept his ears open as he took his sweet time to pack up.

"Aren't you supposed to be teaching?" Ten asked, confusion in his voice.

"I ended practice early." Jaehyun explained as he stopped just in front of the two dancers.

"Why?" Taeyong smiled through his question.

Jaehyun, knowing exactly what he was doing, lightly smirked and shifted his weight onto one foot while his hands shoved themselves into his sweatpant pockets. "So I could come say hi, why else?"

Jisung had to tell Jaemin what he was hearing.

Ten gasped and then laughed. "You're doing your team dirty, Jung!"

"Ah, they'll be fine," Jaehyun waves the notion away. "It's just ten minutes, and I say it's more than worth it."

Jisung was not willing to be present for any remainder of the exchange happening behind him. With speedy feet, he hurried out of the room and around the corner to the gym. Lo-and-behold, the basketball team was dispersed and the gym was nearly empty except for a certain boy sitting on the far bleachers. He was accompanied by the other two of their friend group.

Jaemin's smile lit up as soon as Jisung made it up the steps. "Hey, how was practice?"

Renjun and Donghyuck looked up from the latter's phone in unison. Both adorned smiles upon seeing Jisung's arrival.

"Fine. Jaehyun came in right at the end." Jisung sat next to Jaemin in haste as he answered the question.

The smile faltered and dropped off Jaemin's face. "Huh?"

Renjun's jaw dropped, and Donghyuck's mouth formed an 'o' at the information.

"Jaehyun apparently ended basketball early so he could see Taeyong."