🎃 Haikyuu!! - Shouyou Hinata X Female Reader - Get Him to Notice

Shouyou Hinata X Female Reader - Get Him to Notice

Warning: Fluff. Also, minor/major anime spoiler--continue at own risk if you have not watched season 3. Wrote this a bit late for Halloween--whoops.

~***~

Since this was not a request, the details of this Y/N are pretty much exactly the same as the Y/N from my Nishinoya chapters. If you jumped straight here, then... umm... quick summary: you are on the boys' volleyball team. You are a badass woman whose goal is to play at the Olympic level on a boys' volleyball team to prove to men that women are strong, too, and to show women that they can do whatever they set their minds to. Only difference: you like Hinata instead of Nishinoya.

~***~

When it came to catching onto a romantic indication, Shouyou Hinata was utterly hopeless. The short decoy was one of your closest friends at Karasuno. However, in the months that you had spent with him on the team, your feelings for him had developed beyond simple feelings of friendly affection and into something more--something romantic. Though, no matter how hard you endeavored for him to catch onto your shift in outlook towards him, he did not seem to understand. Every compliment, touch, and glance you initiated, he interpreted as you merely being friendly with him. By the time of the team's victory at the Interhigh Qualifiers, the entire team knew you liked the boy--except the boy himself--and you were very nearly at your wits end. You absolutely refused, as the stubborn woman you were, to be the first to confess. If you declared your feelings for him and he rejected you... it would be incredibly embarrassing and would most likely affect the team, so it had to be him that confessed first.

As if the universe recognized your predicament, after the game against Shiratorizawa, you were blessed with the opportunity to meet Tanaka's sister, Saeko. In a moment of frustration, you explained your situation to the older girl, and she devised an infallible scheme to get the spunky orange-haired decoy to confess to you. Her diabolical plan involved a team Halloween costume party that she offered to host at her place and a costume designed specifically to make the boy fall in love. Having less than four days to get everything prepared, you spent every day after school shopping, decorating, and baking with Saeko and Tanaka--who you had to clue in.

On the day of the event, you arrived early to help with final preparations. Secretly, you also wanted to see everyone else's costumes before you changed into yours--helping out at first would give you an excuse. Saeko was a rocker girl--not much different from her usual look. Tanaka was a racecar driver. Yachi showed up as a delightful pumpkin. Kageyama was a very stoic vampire. Kiyoko was the loveliest dark fairy you had ever seen. Tsukishima... wore a pumpkin headband. Yamaguchi... wore a skeleton headband. Nishinoya was a tiger. Narita, Kinoshita, and Ennoshita were all prisoners while Asahi was a jailer. Sugawara was a very disciplined mad scientist, and Daichi was a skeleton, but he refused to wear his mask. Finally, Hinata was a fox, wearing only ears and a tail.

Seeing how tame everyone was dressed, you were a bit nervous to actually change into your costume. It was definitely not entirely appropriate, which was why Coach Ukai and Takeda were not invited to the small team gathering, because you definitely did not want to get in trouble. While everybody was getting settled in the main room, eating the snacks and drinking the punch you had prepared, you stood in the kitchen pretending that you were getting more food ready. The idea of going through with the plan was suddenly very real and incredibly terrifying. Your knees and hands were trembling.

Saeko peeked her head in at you. "Are you going to get dressed? He's here, you know that, right?"

Glancing up at the older girl, you ran a quivering hand through your hair. "I... uh... I don't know if I can do this. My costume is--"