"I'm sorry, I beg for your forgiveness," I plead, bowing my head with my hands to the floor in glass and hot cider. Forget the burns, the bleeding, and the sharp glass that cuts my hand. I don't want to die.

"Clumsy human," Hunter jeers at me. The adult table is filled with haughty snickering, their eyes glowing with humor and superiority. My face burns with embarrassment. The children at the other table go silent except for Morgan whimpering. Hunter's hand grabs my arm and yanks me to my feet. Pain stretches down my arm. I cry out from the tension ripping through my arm.

"Hunter, there are children in here," Eric reminds him.

"Quiet, don't spoil this," his brother, Chase, grumbles. His eyes watch eagerly with anticipation.

"Next time try to be more graceful, you ugly, disgusting human," Hunter sneers before finally dropping me, "Clean this up and go," he orders. I nod, falling to the floor to clean up and hurry for the kitchen. My face burns from the spectacle I've been made into.

"Ah, good show my boy," Vincent praises, giving Hunter a pat on the back. Despite his father's approval, he doesn't seem to give a damn.

"Great show indeed, show the humans who their alpha is," Eladia agrees, "And Jade, when you're done, please bring in another pitcher. I really would like to enjoy some cider," I nod and start for the kitchens when she calls once more.

"Yes, Misses Lakefall?" I wonder. Please leave me alone...

"Are you alright, dear? I know it must be hard, being human. Your kind is so clumsy on your feet, and uncoordinated am I right?" Eladia mocks.

"No, madam," I answer, feeling my blood boiling now. Just leave me alone.

"Oh? Maybe I'm exaggerating. Perhaps ye kind isn't as bad since they've survived this long. I'm sure though that won't last long," she says as a matter of fact, "Deary, you mustn't make such faces; it doesn't make you look becoming," Eladia giggles. Leave me alone, please shut up, I'm so sick of your mouth. "Yes, that look. It really isn't pretty," she jabbers on. I wish she would shut up.

"A pretty human. Where?!" Hunter asks, looking around, feigning being lost. Howling laughter rises all around the table. I finish pouring her cup, my eyes watering.

"Better a dreary face than the heinous face of a beastly bitch," I murmur below my breath. Her taut face completely drops, her mouth hanging open. My eyes water, and I turn to run for the kitchen.

"Mother, you made her cry!" Hunter snickers and the table howls while Eladia stares after me in silence. My hot face burns with hot tears. I drop myself beside the stove for the comfort of the fire while I try to remove the glass, still pricking my palms. I stifle my crying into the back of my hands.

"Jade?" asks a voice. My head snaps up, and I rush to wipe my eyes. "You need not hide your tears," Edmund promises, "Here, your knight has saved you a most precious pie," he offers a plate.

"How does Chery put up with you? Thou are something else," I reply, laughter seeping into my voice. He rolls his eyes and sits down beside me.

"Try not to let them get to you. The wolves will try to break you down," Edmund advises, "Chery came here before me, and I tell you, she was hurt and lonesome, too. She's come around, but it was not a good time," Edmund recalls, shaking his head.

"I'll try, it's just they're so awful. These wolves boast about their strength and might, but they're quite awful and ugly!" I weep.

"Between humans and werewolves. The relationship has been as sour as cottage cheese," Edmund jokes his face twisting.

"You don't like cottage cheese?" I suppose.

"With all my guts. Maybe more than the wolves," Edmund declares, "Cottage cheese never hurt Chery. The wolves, they nearly left her broken,"

"You really care for her, don't you?" I wonder, and the tops of his ears turn pink.

"No, I just feel bad for her," Edmund denies it, his voice cracking, he merely shrugs. Liar. Shuffling comes from the other room signaling clean up time. After helping me clear the table, and eating some scraps left, they call my name to serve the family in the living room, meaning, fetching drinks, fluffing the couch cushions. That and listening to their side comments, the jabs at humanity, and the remarks on the ugliness of humanity. The most I can do is try and shut them out. There's a knock at the door. I dart for it, anything to take me away from these people even for a second. This young lady is looking like a forest goddess. A pale green dress flows around her, draping loosely down her arms to her small dainty hands.

"Hello, I am Lily Brook of the Brook pack," she introduces herself with a small voice.

"Please come in," I welcome her, stepping aside to let her.

"What a lovely home as always, Sir and Lady Lakefall!" Lily glows when the two set eyes upon her. I back out of the foyer to avoid their eyes.

"Lily, I'm so pleased that you've made it!" Eladia gleams, losing the former haughty over-powering tone from earlier. Oh, I'd treasure smacking that grin off from her sad face.

"I'm glad to be here, Mises Lakefall," Lily answers. She's awfully nice to be in a place like this.

"Please, call me Eladia or mother. You are family," Eladia welcomes her, her eyes warm and inviting. It sickens me to see her flip like this from an ugly witch to this loving mother. This is not who she was just seconds ago. She finally turns to Hunter, stiffening when he pecks her on the cheek.

"Jade!" Vincent snaps at me.

"Yes, sir?"

"Go take in Lily's things to the guest room, and don't drop a single one," Vincent orders.

"Yes, sir," I answer most obedient.

"Thank you, Jade," Lily chimes, dipping her head and flashing me a quick smile as if acknowledging me. I pause for a moment, shaking away my surprise, and then I turn to dart upstairs. She's so noble, so kind. Younger children run by and downstairs to meet Lily. I hope someone as lovely as she can be like a mother to Morgan. Setting her things down, my fingers run over my chest. I can't care for her, not like her own kind. She needs someone like her. I slip back downstairs, resisting my curiosity to check in on Morgan, I dodge the family laughing and sipping on wines and whatnot. The last thing I need is to become another spectacle.