Chapter 22: Coronation

Isabella's POV:

It was finally coronation day, and much to her Father and Uncle's dismay, Edward was going to be with her until the start of the ceremony when he would join his family. "Good luck Bella, I know that you'll do amazingly." Edward smiled and kissed my cheek, "Thanks darling, I love you, you know that right?" Edward laughed and kissed me again, 

"Yes, and I love you too." We walked to the doors and Edward went off to one side to another door that would not open into the Isle. A guard nodded at me and gave me a reassuring smile. "Good luck my Queen." I pushed open the doors with ease and everyone turned to look at me. I slowly walked down, meeting Edward's eyes, my smile brightening. 

Dad then met my eyes as I knelt down at the bottom of the steps in front of the thrones (Now 4 instead of 3). "Isabella Renée Marie, will you do everything in your power to uphold the vampiric laws and keep the peace?" I nod solemnly, "I swear." Dad smiled and stepped back, Uncle Caius took his place, "Do you swear to be just in your decisions and protect the innocent?"

Caius smirked slightly and a smirk grades my face. "I swear." Finally, Uncle Marcus took Uncle Caius's place. "I, Marcus of the Volturi name you Isabella, Queen." He placed a small crown with a crimson tear-drop jewel in the center. 

I turn around and everyone claps. I meet Edward's eyes and he walks to meet me and everyone quiets down, Edward takes a deep breath and smiles shyly before getting on one knee "Will you marry me?"