Chapter 1: Announcements

A/N Hello Lovelies! Just a few details before you start reading: Bella has never met the Cullens but has heard about them, Bella was transformed at age 18 but has been 18 for a long, long, long time. And Aro is like her adoptive father (So she calls him Dad or an alternative to that) and Jane and Alec are like her siblings. She is also very powerful, she has the power of illusion and a shield. That is all. You may now continue. 

        -A

~~~~~~~~

~Bella's POV~

I walked down the hall with Jane at my side. Despite her being stuck at 13 and I at 18, she acted like the bigger sister, most of the time. And Alec was nice, I think he might have a crush on me, but we are not mates. 

Dad asked us to meet him in the throne room for a very special announcement. We walked passed the guards and they smiled at me. I was the vampire version of the people's princess, or as close as you could get to it in the vampire world. 

But sadly I had never left the palace or met other covens. But I knew everything about all of them, like the Denali coven or the Olympic coven. I repeated the conversation that I would have with Dad after this announcement;

Dad, I have been a vampire for a long time and I wish to follow in your footsteps and become a leader or a member of the guard. But ask anyone here and you will see that I lack experience outside the castle, so I wanted to ask, beg you to let me go outside the palace walls and meet other covens so when I do have a position where I can help make things better for everyone.

I smiled and nodded to myself, Jane shot me a questioning glance "Why are you smirking Bella?" "Ooh, It's noting" I hummed she rolled her eyes and we continued walking.

We reached the doors that led into the throne room and I made an illusion of a butterfly on the other side of the door, I had always been fascinated by butterflies. And the thing about the illusions is that they are so realistic you can even touch them and smell them. "Come in darling Bella" I opened the door and Jane followed me. I smiled when I reached my father, he was somewhat strange but I loved him for it. 

"My dearest Bella, I have some wonderful news!" He clapped his hands in anticipation for the grand moment where he would tell it to her. 

He continued "I would like you to join the jury with me!" He sounded so happy and excited. Bella's face fell, Aro noticed right away "Bella darling what troubles you?" His face fell as well. "Father, I... Well, I was wondering... Yes, I would love to be part of the jury..." 

Aro's face lightened "But?" He added knowing there was more.

"You have never let me leave the palace walls or meet other covens. So I would like to go, exploring on my own. I know everything you could possibly ever know but a part of learning is going and doing things on your own..." 

I dropped my eyes as I said this, scared of what father would think. "I want to this because I want to be the best member of the jury ever. No offense."

Father smiled "None taken dearest. I guess you are right. Let's take a vote shall we?" He clapped his hands eagerly.

Marcus and Caius the other members of the jury approached him from their thrones. They were like uncles to me and Caius had warmed up to me slowly but we were good friends. Marcus started,

"I think that Bella should take time to adventure as she has said she can find out the problems and be a very good member of the jury. I vote yes." I smiled, "Thank you, uncle!" Caius continued, "Bella as much as I trust you, the world outside could get you hurt and I know you will be upset with my answer but this is for your safety. So my vote is no." I nodded sadly.

Aro frowned "I guess the decision is up to me my dear daughter. I could crush your dreams or let you have an amazing year before you join the jury." He paused then continued "My vote dearest Bella is Yes."

I make fireworks light up and twinkle like glitter when they break falling to the ground. Dad gives me a tight hug then we all hear Heidi the castle's tour guide/lure she opens the doors with a flourish and brings a group of tourists I run out and then the screams start.

I am not like most vampires I mostly drink animal blood but I did drink human blood once. It was great but not good. I know that the humans would die anyway but at least my conscience was clear.

I ran back to my room and took out my unused suitcase I piled in my favorite clothing from my extensive closet. Jane and dad's wife Sulpicia love to go shopping and always bring me back something. I'm pretty sure they did this mostly they felt bad about me mot being able to leave the castle or see other covens.

I looked at my eyes in the mirror, they were gold with a speck or two of red from when I drank the human's blood.

There was a knock at my door, "Enter" Dad and Sulpicia entered, "Bella darling! I'm so happy for you!" Sulpicia gave me a tight hug. "When are you planning to go, Bella?" I smiled at how understanding they were. "I'm planning to leave now under the cover of night dad." He nodded "Very well. Phone often." We hugged and I said my goodbyes and for the first time, I left the castle grounds.

~~~~~~~

A/N Hello Lovelies! 

What do you think should happen in the next chapter? Vote and Comment!

     -A