SCENE 12: Lunar Phase Part 3

The scene opens with the room behind the bookcase. The room is vintage, complete with a wooden bookshelf, classic typewriter, a glass shelf with weapons in it, and in the middle of the room there is a mahogany table with matching chairs. There is also a secret door at the top of the metal spiral staircase towards the back of the room.

Jerico and Jacob enter the room and place their cell phones in a lockbox and place them on a table by the entrance. They both walk over to the table and sit.

Jerico – Now what exactly do I need to help you with?

Jacob – As I stated before, I have to leave London undetected and I need to get to the States with my partner.

Jerico – I need you to give me a little more information, but you don't have to give me all the details.

Jacob – (Jacob says while looking down) I am currently protecting someone very important. (He looks at Jerico) She has special intel that Karma wants.

Jerico looks at him intently.

Jacob – Please help me.

Jerico –The intel, she carries, must be protected. I will help you. (She reaches across the table and holds his hand and smiles coyly.) Do not make me regret my decision.

Jacob – Thank you. (He pulls his hand away.)

Jerico – (She solemnly looks at her hand, then looks back up at Jacob) The girl you must protect...She's upstairs, isn't she?

Jacob nods his head.

Jerico – (She smiles with a sad yet serious expression) Let's not keep her waiting.

They both stand.

Suddenly they hear a boom upstairs and smoke begins to billow down the stairs.

Jacob – (He yells to the top of his voice) Layla!!!

Jacob and Jerico hurriedly exit the room and rush upstairs.