You (Beynika)

Love how I said I was focusing on finishing old shit and then put this out. Part 2 will be up next week!

Y'all know I'm literally insane so this is very on brand for me. In the words of winter sprinter, God bless me, GOD HELP MEH!

 In the words of winter sprinter, God bless me, GOD HELP MEH!

Beyoncé's POV

Stocking the shelves, such a meticulous task that goes unseen. Lining up rows upon rows of cans to be messed up by shoppers was my favorite time for introspection, but it was also the task I was doing when I met...you.

"Excuse me, are you by any chance...Beyoncé? Or could you at least point me in the direction of her," someone said next to me causing me to look up, "sorry. That gave no context whatsoever. I'm Onika. I'm new here."

I stood from my crouched position to get a better look at the woman in front of me. Short height, jet black hair pulled back into a neat ponytail like you knew that you would be working but also that you wanted to look good doing it. Not to mention the way you had the top buttons on your shirt undone all the way. An implicit invitation for anyone to do a double take.

"Yeah, that's me," I showed my name badge that was pinned to my red polo shirt, "it's very nice to meet you

"Yeah, that's me," I showed my name badge that was pinned to my red polo shirt, "it's very nice to meet you."

When our hands meet and you gaze at me through your long, dainty lashes, I can't help but to wonder. What exactly are you looking for out of...me?

"I was told you're a manager and I should come to you for work detail," you tell me.

"Yes. I am. Sorry I kind of hid myself in the aisles just doing inventory and restocking." I chuckle and look at you.

"I can...finish this up for you. I'm sure you have better things to do than this," you offer.

"I actually enjoy this. I find it oddly calming, you can join me though. It'll be your first lesson."