Get Out of My Hair (Beynika) Part 1

I realized that as many oneshots as I have in the works (18 to be exact) I've only given y'all a couple. This oneshots book is my baby so I'm working on putting out these new ones for y'all even though I can't get votes for shit 💀 I'll also be finishing up some other ones that are already out. Hope y'all enjoy!

Onika's POV (the only POV for this oneshot)

"And then I said uh uhn Wendy. You wanna be in everyone else's business any other time but now that you're going through a divorce you want us to mind ours? Nah bitch. How you doin'?" I chuckled at my client, Cynthia, as I braided her hair.

"Girl. I know you ain't say all of that to that woman. Comb." She passed me my rat tail one. It had been sitting on my station but Cyn was an animated talker so she'd picked it up and waved it around during her rant.

"I sure the hell did. Then this snobby bitch said she was gonna get her lawyer to shut me the fuck up. Honey, you can't put a non-disclosure agreement on the streets." There was a chorus of agreement around the salon.

"Why you being so quiet over there Gabby?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Right because she be the main one talking all the shit about everyone in the city while she in these four walls but then step out and act like nothing ever happened,"Tiffany said right before burning herself on the hot comb.

Gabby lowered her magazine from under the dryer. I knew this was about to get good. I looked back and forth between the two, waiting for a response.

"That's exactly what yo ass gets for trying to talk about me and what I got going on. You be the main one talking about people's business," Gabby argued.

"You're just asking for me to burn your whole kitchen off with this comb aren't you? Don't forget I'm the one doing that head today," Tiffany warned as she pointed the hot comb directly at her.

"Burn my shit off if you want. I'll just get Nicki to give me a wig. Inches on you bitches regardless." I stopped braiding Cyn's hair.

"Aye, don't bring me into y'all business. But on a serious note, Gabby why you ain't talking? Something happen?" I asked in an attempt to get some tea out of her anyway.

"Well, to be honest with you all, I was at this acting gig for this movie or whatever, not important. And I was talking about this girl auditioning because I know her from high school. She damn near beat me out for every lead role." I pretended to yawn causing everyone else around the shop to snicker.

"Girl, what the hell some irrelevant bitch from high school gotta do with you being all quiet in here?" Tiffany questioned as she checked to see if her hair was dry.