Chapter 20: Shadows of the Anbu

Start from the beginning

"Uh..." Kakashi blinked but Minato continued.

"There are still some shinobi who desire war. And there are rumors that they are trying to steal the documents to create discord."

The teen furrowed his brows in confusion, "Yes but...wouldn't Ahsoka be more qualified for a mission like this?"

Indeed this mission required one to be hasty and to be aware of one's surroundings at all times. The perfect fit for the auburn haired girl.

Minato looked down at the desk, passing a hand over the papers, "You're right. But Ahsoka is...busy at the moment." The slight slip up in his sensei's words was something Kakashi didn't miss, and only confused him more.

Minato quickly looked up, blue eyes locking with Kakashi's, "So please do your best in this mission."

Kakashi didn't dare ask before saying, "Hai."

Birds chirped in the forest as Ahsoka gaped at a certain Sanin, "You've got to be kidding me..."

"No, why would I be joking about this?" Jiraiya responded. The giggles of the group of young women echoed from the near by waterfall, hidden from the two by the foliage of trees and bushes.

"I'm not doing this," Ahsoka threw her palms up, raising her voice, "Nope. We are doing something else!"

"SHHH!" Jiraiya shushed her, then pointed at the waterfall with both arms, "This is perfect training!"

"It is wrong!" Ahsoka hissed, "And don't shush me!"

The white haired man crossed his arms,"I'm the teacher so we do as I say, or else no training. "

Ahsoka let out a frustrated sound. It was wrong, spying on these young women for a perv...but with that ultimatum...

"Fine." She huffed in defeat, reaching out with her chakra just the slightest bit, switching it to sensory mode.

She didn't have to do much, the three chakra signatures of the women hidden from view where as clear as day, "There's three women."

Jiraiya gave a pleased nod, "Good! Now...what are they doing?"

She sighed and crossed her arms, reaching out with more chakra , focusing her blank stare on the ground. She could sense them moving, her chakra bringing back information she could almost visualize as blue figures moving about.

Civilians, young women from the village out for a swim on a hot summers day, that she was sure of. If they had been shinobi their chakra would've been stronger. And she would have had to conceal her chakra from them...but that didn't seem to be the objective of today's training.

Ahsoka's gaze flickered up to Jiraiya, withdrawing her chakra, "They're playing from what I can tell by their irregular fast movements. Not shinobi."

The Sanin leaned down, placing his hands on his hips as he raised a skeptical brow at Ahsoka, "Are you sure they're playing?"

Ahsoka furrowed her brows, "Y-Yes? What else would they be doing?"

Jiraiya leaned closer, "But are you a hundred percent sure?"

She stammered, "Ye- No? This isn't an exact science, ya know?!"

The sage huffed, standing up straight again, "See that's the problem! You have to know exactly what's happening! When you are on a high ranked spy mission and their movements are not as clear, you can't just settle for 'I think so'. You have to be sure! Or else you might bring back false information based off your assumptions."