Reminisce

"Answer it!" I make a hurried motion with my hand, Stiles just stuck looking at the ringing phone.

"No." He looks panicked. "No, we haven't spoken since the whole Kira thing."

"So? He wouldn't be calling if he didn't want to talk to you."

"I don't even know what I would say." He lays his phone on the counter, watching it ring.

I swiftly pick it up and face it towards him.

"No! Vi, I swear to-" I swipe to answer the call and he gives me an angry look, breathing an agitated breath through his nose.

"Hey, Stiles." I hear Scott's voice though I can't see him, still holding the screen to face Stiles.

"Uh, hey." He takes the phone, leaning over the counter to talk.

I peek over his shoulder without getting into the view of the camera, just to get a look at Scott.

He's got a beard now too, a little thicker than Stiles'.

He's in a button up and doctor's coat, hair pretty much the same length its always been.

"Listen, I know it's been a while-" Scott looks down as if he's reliving the betrayal of his best friend and ex girlfriend.

"But, uh, I wanted to talk to you about something."

"Um, yeah, okay." They're both obviously feeling akward.

"Someone called and left a message at my office today, claiming to be..." Scott gives his long time friend a sympathetic look. "Violet."

"Oh." Stiles smiles, to Scott's surprise. "Yeah, it's really her."

"What?" Scott's tone is confused and a little concerned, as if he's afraid Stiles has finally lost it and fabricated my survival.

"Its her, man. She's alive." The way Stiles lights up when he talks about me has always made me feel extraordinarily loved.

I step into frame, rubbing Stiles back with one hand as I rest my head on his shoulder.

Pure shock comes over Scott's face and he takes a moment to speak again.

"Oh my god. Violet." He laughs briefly in awe as he continues to stare at me.

"Hey." I smile and give a small wave.

"I- its really you. How?" He looks between me and Stiles, still surprised.

"Sofia." Is all I say in way of explanation.

"I don't understand. I mean, Violet, we-"

"Saw my body, I know." I finish the sentence I've heard multiple times at this point, raising my head up as I begin to feel more tense.

"It was a Jane Doe. She stole the body and used a spell to mask it with my appearance." I feel that rage rising within me that accompanies any mention of that wicked, manipulative scum.