He's holding onto me tightly while he rocked me back and forth. When I'm all out of tears he pulls back and cups my face.

"I'll make it right. I will. I'll do anything and everything to fix this between us. I promise. We'll figure it out together, si? Because that's what mates do. They don't give up on each other. They make it work. We can make this work." He says fiercely and wraps his arms around me again tightly.

I was completely numb. My heart was shattered on the floor at our feet. My mind wouldn't shut off though. Telling me I wasn't good enough for him. How I was never good enough for him. If I had been strong enough he wouldn't of been put in a situation where he had to seek comfort from another.

I didn't really blame him for wanting her. She was more beautiful than me. Taller. Her body better shaped. More attractive. More enticing. More luscious. More curvaceous.

She seemed funnier than me. She could make him laugh. She made him happy. She was probably smarter than me too.

"I'll make her leave, mi belleza. Right now." He whispers into my ear. He tightens his arms around me before he steps back. My legs start shaking again. He picks me up bridal style.

"Why make her leave now?" I barely whisper out. I'm not sure he even heard me.

"Marcellus? Is everything alright? Do you want me to have a maid come and clean this up? Is she okay?" Loretta asks him sounding concerned. I feel him stiffen. I stare at the wall with dead eyes.

"No. I can order my own maids to do it. I need you to pack up your stuff Loretta and leave. Out of respect for my mate you will leave our house today. As soon as possible." He tells her sternly.

He starts to carry me out of the kitchen. "Let's get you cleaned up." He says in my ear. He softly kisses my forehead as he passes Loretta. Not sparing her another glance.

He climbs the stairs and heads for the master bedroom. Softly closing the door behind him he goes straight for the bathroom. He place me on the counter. He walks over to the bathtub to run a bath. Adjusting the temperature of the water for a few minutes. When he's satisfied he straights up and walks back over to me.

Lifting me off the countertop, he helps me take my clothes off. I cover my breasts and put a hand between my legs cover that part of me too. I avoid looking at him. He cups my face with his hands lifting my glaze to meet his. I still refuse to meet his eyes. Instead I stare at his chin.

"Don't be ashamed for me to see your body, mi belleza." He tells me softly. Staring lovingly into my eyes. I wasn't his beauty though. I wasn't enough for him. I wanted him to stop calling me that.

"Your body is perfect. Made just for me." His eyes start to heat up but quickly cool down while he continues to stare into my dead eyes. He sighs.

"We'll get through this, mi amor." He tells me reassuringly. "We're mates. You were meant for me as much as I am meant for you. There's nothing we won't ever be able to get through."

He was wrong. The bond between us was broken. We aren't mates anymore. We haven't been sense the day I died. Even if it hadn't been I don't think I could be with him. I didn't deserve to be tied and held down with a liar and cheater for a mate. I was too weak and tired to argue with him though.

He leads me over to the bathtub and helps me get in. He tells me he will be back in a couple minutes and leaves the bathroom. I was a little shocked he didn't get in too but I was so thankful he didn't.

He's so sure we can fix this between us but I knew we couldn't. How do you get over your mate fucking another woman? Especially when it's not even cheating because you were dead? Was I suppose to get over the fact he didn't even wait a whole day?

The Vampire's BrideOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara