Barista

Y/n's POV

I hate work. I kicked the pebble frustratingly. I still remember my boss words as he talk about how i'm not concentrating enough at work and how lazy i am. I did every single thing he gave me and i even helped my coworker to do her work since she's sick, how is that LAZY?!

I groaned loudly when i saw the cafe i visit daily close due to renovation. "They have the best coffee" i mumbled with a sigh. This is just such a bad day. I need my coffee to do my papers that was given to me because someone thought i was lazy.

I was still salty about it, don't mind me. I continued my way back home when i saw another cafe still open. "It's almost 9" i mumbled. I looked at it and saw the big calico cat face logo on the front of the building. 

I looked through the glass door and saw a few customers still inside playing with some cats. Oh a cat cafe. My eyes sparkled at the thought and i walk in instantly. A few cats greeted me at the door, giving me meows and a few just stared at me like i was a weird creature. 

Soon, most of them leave to play with other cats while only one stayed. A calico cat. It seems to be the only one in this cafe. "Are you the mascot of this cafe little buddy" i smiled as i crouched down to pet it. 

It's tail instantly goes straight up and it rubs it's body onto me making me pet him even more. I realized i was still at the entrance of the cafe so i stood up and walked inside. I saw the counter where a very cute smiley barista was standing.

Wait a minute, HE WAS SMILING AT ME?! I flushed embarrassed as he must have seen me petting the cat in the entrance. I walked closer and saw the calico cat walking beside me as it followed me. "Good evening, how can i help you?" the barista smile.

"Good evening, can i have a caramel macchiato?" i picked a simple one from the menu since it had a lot of variety of coffee and other beverages. "Of course, ice or cold?" he asked "Ice please" i said and he nodded and typed to the cashier. (I realized my mistake but i'm too lazy to fix it)

"Do you like our cats?" he asked and i looked at him "Yeah, they're very cute. Especially this guy right here" i smiled to the calico cat who was still rubbing itself onto my leg. "Yeah, that is my cat. His name is simba" the barista chuckled.

My eyes widened "It's a HE?! Isn't that so rare?!" i gasped and he nodded. "My wife found him on the streets and adopted him instantly when she saw how weak he was. I was against it at first because i was scared of her getting some diseases but i love her too much so i didn't want to make her sad" he smiled weakly. 

I looked at his the golden ring on his quite short fingers which was adorable. I held in my laugh and looked away. "Why is his name simba?" i asked "My wife likes the movie lion king" he chuckled.

"So a coffee at night? Do you have loads of work to do?" he asked... worriedly? "Yeah, my boss gave me some extra work" i sighed. He was about to say something but he bit his lip from saying anything else. Then i noticed how PLUMP his lips are. 

"Umm, how much is the coffee?" i asked and he said the amount. I gave him my money and he gave me back the change. I went to the right side where the pick up coffee is. I crouch down again and pet simba who was still clinging onto me. 

No cat was ever THIS fond of me. "What a cutie" i smiled and saw him playfully bite my fingers and then he licked it making sure he didn't hurt it while he was playing with me. I smiled at the sweet gesture and i couldn't help but hug the little guy. 

Then i remembered about my coffee. I quickly stood up and there i saw the barista smiling at me as he held my coffee on one hand. I blushed. He just watched me hug his cat, what the fuck are you doing Y/n?