Chapter one - Chicago, here I come!

Helloooo, I'm Ingrid and this is Idol, my first fan fiction :) 

So, well, after reading my story again, more than a year after I started with it, I've realized that the beginning of it may seem a bit non-realistic. Nonetheless, I can assure you that I am REALLY HAPPY with what it turned out to be in the end, so I promise you that if you give it a chance and get a bit more into it, it'll be totally worth it!

It may seem to you that the story is very fluffy and that "Zayn wouldn't do that" and I won't discuss about it, because it is most probably very much true. However, it is a fan fiction, so I guess that making it 100% realistic is a bit hard.

Thanks for reading and please, don't forget to vote! It'll take literally two seconds of your time, but mean the world to me.

So, this is Idol. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I loved writing it :)

Please tell me what you think about it! :)

-Ingrid

_______________________

Astrid's POV

I was totally frantic about meeting them, if I met them, of course. Max was positive that I'd see at least one of them. I guess that he knew a lot about this. In the end, he had experienced circumstances like this during his entire life. 

Yet, I was nervous. I was more than nervous. I felt like I was going to die right in the middle of the room. No plan would have prepared me for this moment.

Anyway, I would be lying if I said that I had planned this to the inch. Less than a week ago, I had been informed that One Direction would be assisting to an event in Chicago. Then it was when this madness had started...

My name is Astrid Taylor and I was born and raised in the suburbs near Tampa, Florida. I guess that the first thing that you should know about me is that I have a (slight) obsession with One Direction. I'd seen them live once, in Chicago about a year ago.

The best fucking day of my life.

At this point, my parents were kinda sick of my love for this band. Being so that I was an upcoming college Sophomore, they preferred me focusing on more "academic" or "productive" things. They supported me in the beginning, of course, buying me the band merch and that kind of stuff. Unluckily for them, One Direction's success was lasting more than expected, and five years after their start, I kept my career as a crazy fangirl.

Although used to Florida, I had decided to get on the road and attend the Northwestern University in Illinois. With only 17 years, I became a freshman. Life in college was a lot different. None of my school friends had opted for Northwestern. Instead, they'd gone to closer colleges and very few of them had even left the state. They called me crazy and brave for going for such a challenge. I guess that I always wanted more.

Life in college was clearly different. No family and no friends at first. Of course that I started to slowly meet people, but undoubtedly my biggest win was befriending Max.

Maximilian Austin James. The best friend that anyone could ask for. Setting aside that he was hot as fuck, he did understand my huge fanaticism in One Direction and strongly supported it. His dad, Bradley James, was the founder and main singer of the 80's band Wild Kiss. Max said that this made him understand love for One Direction. He knew what an idol (or in my case, 5 idols) meant to a fan.

When I learned about One Direction in Chicago, I freaked out. On August 15, I was heading to Evanston, half an hour away from the city, to get everything set for college.

The guys were presenting on the 17th.

My parents didn't support me, of course. It was clear that I was not getting to see the guys presenting. From what I'd heard, it was a talk show or something like that. They were getting interviewed and asked about the random things that they were always asked about.

I didn't care.

Only being in the same city, in a radius of 10 miles of any of the guys would be a great pleasure.

Still, they said no.

"But I can fix my dorm in two days" I had told them "I don't need a wholedamn week to get set."

"No" They had obviously responded "You're staying in Evanston and that's final."

I commented it to Max, who was comfortably holidaying in Bahamas, that One Direction would be in Chicago. Then he pronounced some words that made me love him more than I had loved him before.

"Grab your best little black dress, my dear, 'cause I'm making you meet One Direction."

As I had no idea on how to proceed, he was the one to come up with a plan. It consisted in renting a room in The Peninsula Chicago that was – in Max's words – "the sickest fucking hotel in the city" and that "there was no fucking way that they were staying anywhere else".

He was bluffing. He had used his contacts to know for sure that IT was the hotel.

I had to do my part after that. I had to stalk them so badly inside the hotel that I'd meet them.

I had three days for that.

I had three days to meet One Direction.

So it'd be the three of us, Max and I and his girlfriend Katelyn. Even though they would be traveling with me, Max had spoken clearly, in which he wouldn't help me inside the hotel because "stalking One Direction wasn't manly" and "he had more important things to do with Kate".

I didn't care.

He'd give me the tools to meet my idols. Now I just had to do my part.