Chapter eighteen - Our Moment

And I don't know how it gets better than this

You take my hand and drag me head first,

Fearless

And I don't know why but with you I'd dance in a storm in my best dress,

Fearless

Astrid's POV

Zayn and I kept talking as usual. Our 10 daily minutes were something indispensable now.

"I love surprises." I said

"Do you?" Zayn smiled. He was shirtless and drinking a soda.

"Yep." I ate the rest of my nutella bread.

"What else, babe?" He kept asking.

"I don't really give a fuck about my birthday. People are always making a big deal out of it and I'm just like okay..." I laughed, but he stayed serious.

"When is your birthday?" He asked.

"I won't tell yoouuu..."

"Then I won't tell you mine" He joked.

"January 12. Too late, pretty boy" We both laughed. I loved when he laughed.

"C'mon, tell me!" He insisted but I denied with my head.

"I don't care about my birthday. I don't ever do anything, so just forget it. It's not that much of a big deal". I explained.

"NO. When is it!?"

"Geez. Okay. February 19, now stop being that much of a weirdo." I laughed and he did too.

"Okay, princess" We both smiled.

"Zayno, why don't you write songs for meeeee?" WHAT THE FUCK WAS I ASKING.

"Who said that I didn't, darling." He said and then winked.

Oh.

My.

God.

Nervous laugh.

"I was just kidding." I tried to save it.

"If you were kidding then I was kidding too. It's a shame though, because it's a great song." He winked again.

Oh.

My.

God.

Was this happening?

***

"Don't you think that it is lame that it's Friday night and we have been Facetiming for hours?" I asked and laughed.

"Right. We are really lame" He smiled "But to be honest, there's no place that I'd rather be."

OHMYGOD

"Of course that I'd rather be with you though" He smiled and I did the same.

"How has been the tour so far? Like, your impression. Do you think that it is gonna be the best tour or the worst, just explain your answer" I saw him.

He paused for several seconds.

"Neither the best nor the worst." He stopped to think "See, it's the best on the one hand. We are more experienced and we have some kick ass songs." He stopped again "But on the other hand, the more apart you are from the people you love, the more you miss them."

"So you miss people?" I asked, knowing that the response would be obvious.

"No shit" he imitated my way of talking.