The 28th at 1:00 PM

Listen to the music when it says.

   ' Today's the day. It's finally the 28th. '

I felt nervous. Today was the day that Light would be killed and everything was supposed to end. It's funny people want to know how they die or when they die but when it's the day you die you feel nervous. I knew this was coming and I knew I couldn't stop it. It had to be done. I had no idea how I'll go home or if I will. 

   ' All I know is that after today Kira will be no more. '

   " Good morning everyone. " Near said to me and the rest of the Task Force members.

   " Uh...g-good morning. " Matsuda replied with a small stutter.

   " First of all in regards to Misa Amane, we've already set her free. You may call her to confirm it. "

Light did just that. He called Misa and she said she was fine. Before Light hung up I grabbed his arm.

   " Let me talk to her for a second. "

He nodded and handed me the phone. I let Near and Light continue their conversation while I talked with Misa.

   " Misa? "

   " Y/n! It's good to hear from you! "

   " You as well. So, they put you in the penthouse, right? "

   " They did! It's so wonderful. You have to come over when this is all settled. "

   " We'll see. I just wanted to talk to you one more time before we leave. "

   " I see. Don't worry even if you do leave there will always be our memories together!  "

   " Thanks, Misa. Hey, I wanted to tell you something. "

   " What is it? "

   " No matter how dark the hallway is there will be a light somewhere. In times of depression or sadness, you are not alone. I might not be there to help you but our memories together will be intact in your head. So, remember the good times and don't hurt yourself over love okay? "

   " Okay, I won't. "

   " Promise? "

   " Promise. "

   " Alright, I'll let you go and hang up. Goodbye Misa Amane. "

I hung up the phone and handed it back to Light. I stood beside Matsuda as the conversation kept going between the two.

   ' Maybe that'll help Misa. She's supposed to commit suicide in 2011. A year later. '

Aizawa was chosen to carry the Notebook and it was strapped to his body. We said goodbye to Near and walked out of the building to see it raining outside. There were two cars sitting outside the building. One of them was an SPK car that I was supposed to ride in while the other was the Task Force car.

   " Why is the SPK car here? " Aizawa asked.

   " It's for me. " I said stepping in front of the men. 

I held my hands in front of me and looked at all of them. I could feel the business aura I held and the look on my face said it all. 

   " Near knew there would be no room for me in your car and it's only right for me to ride alone. Seeing as this is the end we have no idea what will happen. I will be going to the building separately and when I get there I will inspect the building and find where you all will meet. I know where it is but I must check it first. "