Near

" So, I was right this entire time. Light Yagami is Kira and Misa Amane was the second Kira. "

   " That's right and they were using the Death Note to kill criminals. Misa was able to get the shinigami eyes by making a deal with a shinigami and shortening her life span. "

   " What's supposed to happen now? "

   " Well, Near and Mello are supposed to take over now. Mello won't be happy working with Near so he leaves the Wammy Institution and joins the mafia in L.A. and Near pursues the case. "

   " So, now it's a fight between N and Kira. "

   " Yes, that's what is supposed to happen now. It's up t Near and Mello. Along with Matt, they don't give him enough time in the series for anyone to tell who he is though. "

   " I can't help them can I? "

   " No, they have to do this on their own. They will learn that the only way to surpass you is to work together but they have to do this on their own. You can't interfere. You're supposed to be dead, so please don't draw any attention to yourself. "

   " I won't. "

   " Good, I trust you to not do so. I have to be going. Light will get suspicious if I'm late coming home. "

   " Has Light done anything while I've been dead? "

   " In what context? "

   " In a relationship type of context. "

   " He has. "

   " What happened? "

   " Light, wants me to be his lover. As he says he wants me to be the goddess of the new world and rule beside him. "

   " What did you tell him? "

   " I told him that I would. He'll be caught in the end and I thought that if I agreed it would help Near, Matt, and Mello later on in the future. "

   " I don't like this plan. He would be getting closer to you and touching you and...I don't agree with this. "

   " Ryuzaki, trust me I won't let him kiss me or touch me. I promise. "

   " If I sense anything is happening I'm going to keep you here in this hotel room and you won't leave until this is all over. "

   " Trust me, I'll be fine. "

I stood up from the couch and Lawliet stood up as well, hugging me. I hugged him back and walked out of the hotel room. I called another taxi and rode all the way back to the Yagami household.

( Lawliet's P.O.V. )

I watched as the door shut behind Y/n as she left. I turned back to the cart of sweets and grabbed a bowl of chocolate strawberries. I walked to my computer and started typing away on the keyboard. When I finished an N appeared on my screen and a voice was heard on the other end.

   " L I thought you died. They told us here at Wammy's you did. "

   " I am very much alive due to the help of my significant other. "

   " Significant other? Who is she or he? "

   " That is not important right now. I have come to inform you that I shall remain dead. There are forces at work that have tried to prevent me from living but I somehow lived. It is important that I remain dead for now. You and Mello are supposed to take up my position from now on. "

   " Yes, I was informed by Roger. "

   " He's a good man. If you need anything from me then let me know and I shall provide you with the information you need. "

   " May I know about this significant other? I would like to know how they prevented your death. "

   " The reason for my death shall remain silent. You will know in due time but for now, all you need to know is that you will meet her when you start working with the Task Force. When you do meet her do not mention to her that we talked. Do not engage in any conversation with her unless she tells you her secret. "

   " Secret? "

   " Yes, she has a secret that only myself and the task force know. You will learn of this secret when you meet her. "

   " I'm assuming this will lead me to the solution of how you are alive? "

    " Yes. "

   " Okay, I look forward to working with her and meeting her. Then, meeting you in the end when it's all over. "

   " I look forward to meeting you, Matt, and Mello as well. "

I ended the call and slipped the flash drive out of my pocket and inserted it into my laptop. I started working behind Y/n's back.

   ' This will help the Task Force in the future. '