Going to L.A.

Everyone was packing and getting ready to go to L.A. and save Sayu. I would be taking an early flight there to make sure everything turned out right with hotel reservations. I had my bags packed and everything was ready to go. I stood one last time in the hotel room that Light and Misa shared with me. Misa was the first to hug me. She had let her hair fall around her, instead of having two small ponytails in her hair. Physically it looked like she matured but her attitude didn't change on bit.

   " We'll see you in L.A. Y/n. I'm so excited to go there and help out my Light. You and I can chat while we're over there about so much. "

   " Well I'll be working a lot Misa, I doubt that we will have any time to talk together alone. "

   " But-"

   " Y/n's right Misa. We need to save Sayu and then get out of there as quickly as we can. " Light said interrupting her.

   " Alright, I'll see you in L.A. bye now. "

I waved to her as she let go of me. Light and I walked to the hallway and he escorted me down to the lobby. When we were there he pulled me int a hug as well.

   " Be careful on your way there. I don't want anything to happen to you. "

   " I know, Light.  Trust me I'll be perfectly fine, and if anything happens then I'll just press my emergency button on my phone to call you. "

   " Good, I'm scared of having you go there on your own. Are you sure you don't want someone going with you? "

   " Light I'll be fine. Remember I know the story like the back of my hand, I'll be safe. "

   " I just want to be sure. "

   " I'll be okay. "

I saw my taxi pull up and I opened the door setting my bags inside. I turned to Light once more and gave him a smile. He kissed my forehead and let me get inside the taxi. Instead of telling the driver to go to the airport, I told him to head to Lawliet's hotel instead. It didn't take a long time until I got to the hotel. I traveled up to Lawliet's floor and opened his door to his room. I saw Watari preparing an ice cream cone for Lawliet. I walked further into the room and saw Lawliet still sitting in front of his laptop. When I got closer he closed the laptop and looked up at me.

   " So, today is your flight? "

   " Yes, it is. "

   " Sayu will be alright, I don't see why you have to go alone. Why can I not come? "

   " Because I'll be working around the Task Force against Mello and with Near. As far as I am aware of Near and Mello have no information on who I am yet. That's only as far as I am aware. So, you can't come with me because everyone will know you are actually alive. "

   "I'll stay in another hotel nearby. "

   " It's too risky. You know that Lawliet. "

He stood up from the couch and walked towards me. His arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me closer to him for a hug. I put my arms around his torso and hugged him back.

   " Hearing you say my name so sweetly is much nicer than hearing you say my alias. "

   " Aww, you flatterer. "

   " I know I can't go with you so please just stay safe. Okay? "

   " I will. "

He lifted my chin up a little bit and pressed his lips gently against mine. I kissed him back and pulled away.

   " I'll be back before you know it. "

He nodded at me, letting me go from his embrace. I walked to the door and opened it seeing myself out. Before I closed the door I heard Watari say,

   " Young love. "

I could feel Lawliet's smile from the door. I went to the airport and boarded the plane to fly to L.A. I eventually got tired and slept through most of the flight. When I woke up I realized I  was still in the air. We were only 2 hours away from L.A. so I just found something on my phone to watch. When we did land I grabbed my stuff and headed outside. I was able to grab a taxi before they were all taken up and I traveled to the hotel. I got out and waited to check-in. When I finally did I was escorted to the room I would be staying in. I set my stuff down in there and traveled to the other rooms to look at them. Nothing seemed wrong about any of the rooms. I made it back to mine and dialed Lawliet's number.

   " Hello? "

   " Hey, I made it. "

   " Good, how was your flight? "

   " It wasn't too bad. I slept most of the way and read a book. "

   " God, I'm glad the flight wasn't terrible. What about the hotel rooms? "

   " They are really nice and I made sure there was nothing suspicious in any of the rooms. "

   " I snuck some small cameras in your bag, would you mind setting them up in the other rooms? "

   " Sure. "

   " Thnks, love. "

   " Anything for you Ryuzaki. "

   " I'll let you call Light and tell him you made it. Call me later. "

   " Definitely. "

I hung up on Ryuzaki and called Light. I told him I made it just fine. When I hung up on him I laid on my bed to relax. I heard a click and opened my eyes to see a gun on the right side of my head.

   " Just come with me and you won't be hurt. " A  male voice said.

I opened my eyes and looked over to see his face. I recognized who he was in an instant. I smiled at seeing him alive and smoking a cigarette.

   " Hello, Matt. It's nice to finally meet you. "