What Was

We stayed on the couch until the door to the room opened and Watari walked inside. I stood from Lawliet's lap and ran towards Watari. I wrapped my arms around him in a tight hug and he embraced me back. After our hug ended I let him push the cart of sweets and ice further into the room, towards Lawliet. I sat down in front of Lawliet and Watari sat beside him as I started telling the story of what was supposed to happen.

   " I'll explain as you eat your sweets. "

They nodded and Lawliet grabbed a cupcake and started eating.

   " Originally, the two of you were supposed to die two days ago. Kira has had power over Rem for a long time and he used that power to make her kill the two of you. Watari you were supposed to die in the security room. Rem was going to appear there and kill you using her Death Note. Then you would press the red button to delete all of the information from the system. After that everyone would be freaking out in the main room while Ryuzaki is shocked about your death he then notices the shinigami is gone and then, Ryuzaki you die of a heart attack. Rem becomes ash after that because of a rule. That's what was supposed to happen. "

   " What rule? "

   " If a shinigami falls in love with a human and they kill someone to protect them that shinigami dies. That happened to Rem. "

   " I see. I thought you stood in the middle, and you weren't going to change the story. Why did you? "

   " I...I didn't want to see either of you die. I couldn't see it again and now that I'm here living it I couldn't handle either of your deaths. "

   " I believe I will go and get some rest while you two continue to talk. " Watari said getting up. 

   " Get plenty of rest. " Lawliet spoke to Watari.

Watari nodded and walked up to me before going to his room. He placed his hand on my head and rubbed my head. 

   " Thank you, Y/n for saving us. "

I only nodded at Watari and he left the living room and walked to another room to sleep. Once he left the room Ryuzki's eyes focused back on me as he started putting sugar cubes in a teacup filled with coffee.

   " I believe you are lying to me. "

    " How? "

   " You said that you couldn't bear seeing either of us die but I believe there is another reason hidden beneath that. "

   ' I should've just let Rem kill me with them. '

I felt the blood travel to my face and the embarrassment set in. I covered my face with my hands and leaned towards the floor. I took a deep breath and released it. I heard Lawliet get off of the couch and walk towards me. I let my hands fall from my face and I saw him crouched in front of me, he took my hands and held them as he looked into my E/c eyes.

   " I see, I understand the hidden meaning now. "

   " I shouldn't have been so open with you and gotten attached. "

I saw him lean closer to me and our noses were touching.

   " But you did and so did I. "

Then I felt his warm lips connect with mine. I kissed back and felt a fuzzy feeling in my chest from the soft kiss. We pulled away and I leaned my head on his. I smiled a little as I leaned against him and I saw him give me a small smile too. 

   " Now I don't know what's going to happen since you're alive. "

   " Do you think you'll be able to tell me the full story about what's going on? Since I'm supposed to be dead. "

   " I think I can, on one condition. "

   " What would that be? "

   " You must stay hidden. I wasn't supposed to save you but I did so L has to remain dead until the Kira Investigation is over. When it's over you can continue your life as it was or you can do what ever you wish but for now please remain hidden. "

   " I will. "

   " Alright, then I'll explain everything to you from the very beginning. "

   " Would you like anything to eat or anything to drink before you start? "

   " I think I'll steal some of the sweets you have on that cart over there. "

   " No, I'm afraid you can't eat those. "

   " Why not? "

   " You're already to sweet. If you eat anymore sweets I'm going to have a health problem. "

   " How can you say that with a straight face? " I asked feeling my blush come back.

He shrugged his shoulders and stood up pulling me with him. We walked to the other couch where the cart of sweets stood. I grabbed a couple and started eating them and I explained the story of who Kira was and the power he holds.