(Super rad guitar riff) HEELYS!

Credit for this oneshot, its storyline, and all of its plot goes to PawsomePossum. Thanks for the neat request! Make sure to check out their other stories!

Once again, this story isn't affiliated with the other ones in this book. It can basically take place at any point in the show, give or take a few episodes. Also if you are unfamiliar with what Heelys are, they are basically shoes with little wheels in the soles. If you Google them, it'll be pretty much the first thing that pops up. Now get cozy, grab a drink of water and maybe a snack, and enjoy "HEELYS!"

_________________________________________________________

Adrien had been practicing for days, and the moment had finally come. He was ready.

It was difficult to get them in the first place. His father gave him a small allowance every week, but if he wanted to buy anything, his bank account was closely monitored. Adrien knew that his father wouldn't approve- if he found out, he'd likely give him a lecture on safety and keeping his public image as the perfect model intact- so this was the first obstacle. With a little help from Max, his father never noticed the receipt from Amazon. Max had questions of course, but Adrien assured him that he would understand in time.

Actually picking up the package was a little simpler since all he had to do was intercept the delivery as it was done. The delivery person was definitely caught off guard, Adrien could see it in their eyes. He understood, though; he could only imagine the intensity in his eyes, the adrenaline of finally disobeying his father surging through his veins. He was lucky that the delivery person didn't seem to mind, handing him the package and asking for his signature. He imagined that this sort of thing happened to them a lot. A few moments and a signature later, Adrien was sneaking through the lobby, protectively clutching an Amazon box and keeping watch for his bodyguard or Natalie.

He reached his room, locked the door, and tore the box open to reveal-

Heelys. There were black, emblazoned with a flaming decal on each side.

He'd heard a little while ago that they were a super popular trend. Apparently, all of the cool kids had them. Ever since then, he knew that he just had to have a pair, even if it meant finally going behind his father's back. He sat there and stared at them for a few moments. It was hard to believe that they were actually his. Finally, he put them on, stood up, and promptly fell. It was then that he realized: he needed serious practice.

It started out simply, just trying to find his balance. He kept to his room, starting out on the carpet and then gradually moving to the slicker wood panels of his miniature basketball court. It only took him a few hours of practice before he was standing on his own. Now he just had to figure out how to move in them. 

The basketball court was too small for that, he knew, so he moved to a hallway that was hardly ever used and began working. It was slow going since he really only knew how to use ice skates and had never used rollerskates before. After trying to use them like ice skates proved unsuccessful, he started to experiment with them, only being interrupted once by an Akuma attack. It was lucky that his Chat Noir suit covered up his clothing. If it had not, he knew he would've been dead weight for Ladybug for the entire fight. 

Brushing himself off after the fight and enduring some unsavory criticism from Plagg- which was quickly remedied with some cheese- he went right back to trying to move around. After a few days of working with them in the little off time he had, Adrien had finally learned how to maneuver in the Heelys fluidly. There was only one thing left to do: go to school and show his peers just how radical he was.

Adrien was nervous, riding with his bodyguard to school that next day- only about five days after first receiving the shoes. He had them stowed away with his fencing gear so the bodyguard wouldn't notice something was amiss. It wasn't as effective as Adrien thought, really, because he wouldn't stop fidgeting and giving himself away in his anxiety.

They pulled up to the school and Adrien stepped out of the car. He met up with Nino, making casual conversation with him.

"Are you good, bro?" Nino asked, looking concerned for his friend.

"Mmm," Adrien responded, "I'm fine. I'm just... excited, I guess."

"Excited about what?"

Adrien looked Nino in the eye and said, "You'll see."

Leery of his best friend, Nino followed Adrien to the locker rooms, where Adrien took out the Heelys and put them on. It was then that Nino realized how great that day was going to be.

Nino stifled his laughter. "You have... you brought... Heelys to school?"

Adrien smiled and finished lacing them up. "Yeah. Cool, right?"

Nino finally laughed a bit, then gave him a genuine grin. "Heck yeah, man. Good for you."

Adrien stood and started gliding through the school, Nino carefully keeping pace with him. They passed Chloe, who glanced down at Adrien's shoes and nearly fainted. Sabrina began comforting her, speaking quickly and quietly. They also passed Marinette and her friend Alya. Marinette had the same reaction she always did to Adrien- looking flustered and hiding her face in her hands when Adrien caught her gaze- but seemed genuinely happy for him. It seemed Adrien's friends knew him well enough to see that it meant a lot to him. Alya outright laughed, glancing at Nino briefly to gauge his reaction. She elbowed Marinette and began speaking to her indistinctly. Marinette blushed harder, and they fell out of view as Adrien glided into his first class for the day. He had an infectious smile on his face, taking a seat and then glancing at Nino.

"This day is gonna be great; I can feel it." He said.

Nino nodded, still trying not to laugh. And it was.

_________________________________________________________

Huh. That turned out a little more... wholesome than I thought it would be. Well, I hope you all enjoyed it! Once again, credit for this oneshot goes to PawsomePossum! Remember, if you have a Miraculous story you just can't write yourself, PM me or leave a comment and I'll write it for you!

Remember to stay safe out there in the big wide world! If you haven't yet today (or even if you have) grab a drink of water and some food. I know that's what I'm gonna do! I love you all. Thank you for reading!