Chapter 7

Chat Blanc was pretty sure Ladybug liked the surprise.

There were lights strewn around the room and rose petals scattered across the floor.

Dim lighting came from a single candle on a table in the middle of the floor, and soft music played from somewhere nearby.

Ladybug glanced at Chat Blanc, mouth hanging open.

He held out his hand to her, gazing into her eyes imploringly. She humored him and grasped it, allowing him to guide her to the table.

He pulled her chair out for her, pushing it back in when she sat in it. She gave him a small smile.

He sat down across from her.

"I wanted to say that I'm sorry."

She looked surprised.

"Why?"

"Well," he said, gesturing at the destruction behind him.

"Oh. Yeah."

"And... I'm sorry for asking you to reveal who you are. It's not right, and-"

"It's... It's okay. Tikki spots off." Then she detransformed.

Into Marinette Dupain-Cheng.

Chat's heart skipped a beat. Then a searing pain went through his head. He gasped, clawing at his skull.

She rushed forward.

"Adrien! Are you okay? I'm so sorry, I didn't know that you felt-"

"Who... is... Adrien?" Chat Blanc asked slowly, getting up and dusting himself off.

He didn't know what had come over him earlier. He needed to stick to the plan.

"Well, bug, I thank you for your kind assistance in revealing the girl behind the mask, but as they say, all good things come to an end! Now, I'm going to need that miraculous of yours-"

Chat Blanc lunged at Ladybug over the table, scattering the rose petals everywhere and setting the table cloth on fire.

She dodged at the last moment, allowing him to barely graze a strand of her hair.

"So that's how you wanna play? Okay... let's do it!"

She transformed quickly, and the fighting began.

Ladybug didn't know exactly what was happening with Chat Noir, but she knew one thing for sure- he had been able to fight it off.

"You can do it, Chat!" she yelled, dodging his blows.

"Fight it! I know you can!"

"I TOLD you not to CALL me that!" Chat Blanc replied, punctuating his words with lunges.

Ladybug couldn't take it anymore. She needed help. She needed her lucky charm.

"Lucky charm!" She yelled.

She wasn't expecting what happened next.

"A gun?!" Ladybug said, surprised something like this could be a lucky charm.

No, she thought. A paintball gun. It won't hurt him. Maybe...

Then she realized what she had to do.

"Not another step, Chat Blanc!"

He looked at the gun, then started laughing.

"You would never actually shoot me! You're Ladybug!"

"Think again!" Ladybug yelled, cocking the gun.

He took one look at her, smirked, then took an exaggerated step toward her.