thirteen

clay pov --

i've always been more of a cat person, but rat is cool too.
animals just make me so comfy.

she seemed to enjoy my fingers running through her curly, milky coloured fur. black, beady eyes relaxed in my touch. i just let her rest there while my fingers ran through the fur on her head, while i scrolled through my phone.

george was.. staring at me and her. more at me, i think. i keep myself composed, though i want to fucking burst. it doesn't even mean anything! maybe he just thought rat was cute or something. i don't know, he probably doesn't even care about me.

i think he knows that i noticed him staring because now he looks embarrassed. his cheeks are pink and he's frantically trying to think of something else. i just smiled and shook my head. he noticed that too, and now he's even more flustered, aggressively double tapping posts on his phone.
-
bad had just finished getting the food set. we had chip bowls and dip, a bowl of candy, 2 giant bags of popcorn, and bad baked his signature blueberry muffins, gluten free like always. he had them set up on the coffee table in the living room, and i was the first one to get up to go for a muffin. bad was a really good baker, i'll tell you that.

i decided to take a seat beside nick while him and zak's conversation started dying down. he noticed and immediately started teasing me.

"how's your little boyfriend? you were sitting with him earlier." he giggled, and my expression hardened at him.

"he's not my boyfriend, asscrack." i said, scowling.

zak giggled. "not yet, he isn't."

that caught me off guard.

"hold on, did you- you told zak?" i kind of whisper yelled at nick. he simply nodded. this little fucker.

"it's not like he'll tell anyone, you're fine." nick assured, and a string of curse words fell out of my mouth, though i picked them up again and kept quiet.

"ok, fine. zak's the only one. no one else, or i will literally kill you." i said, and sapnap simply nodded like it was no big deal. he was my best friend, though right now i felt like murdering him on the spot.

tommy and tubbo were delighted at the privilege of being able to pick the movie. they argued over the remote for a bit before tubbo finally got hold, and tommy forced him to click on jumaji. it was like watching sibling fight over a toy.

most of us were settled on the couch by now, tommy and tubbo sitting by the edge laughing at reddit memes, zak waiting for bad to come sit down, george zoned out on his phone, me and sapnap together, and wilbur and niki settled interlocked in each other's arms at the corner of the L shaped sofa. they've always pulled the "we're just very close friends!" card, though we all know they're secretly together. it's very obvious.

a very excited badboyhalo put the final few drinks on the counter before turning off most of the lights, leaving just a few on so that we could see. he motioned for tommy to start the movie. the film started playing, and everyone got comfy. i finished my muffin and leaned forward to reach for another one, along with a barbecue chip.
-
the movie was nice. tommy making fun of the ugly characters made it all the more better, especially cause we all thought they were ugly too. bad tried telling us off because "it's mean!" but we heard a few chuckles from him. we all stayed an extra hour and a half after the movie, just to relax a bit.

the first people to go home were niki and wilbur.

"ok, welp, me and niki'll be going now. thanks, bad!" wilbur announced, standing up to stretch, and offering his hand to niki who also stretched when she got up. they put on their shoes and niki waved us all a final goodbye, and gave a short thank you to bad who had been a great host. wilbur let niki go through the door first, and shortly after he walked through the foor, but quickly came back and swung his head to lean on the side of the door frame to ask tommy and tubbo if they wanted a ride. tommy and tubbo just shrugged and went with them, leaving me, george, nick, zak and bad. zak usually stayed later than most of us because he liked bad's company. after a few minutes, nick got up, announcing that he would also leave. he gathered his belongings and said thank you to bad. i decided to get up to go as well, and so did george. we all said our thank you's and goodbyes and left the house. the night air was surprisingly quite chilly, especially for florida. it was really dark, and the street lights weren't really doing much for the sidewalks. i spot george walking, and my first thought is to ask him if we wants a ride, and which i do.

my footsteps become faster as i catch up to him.

"george?" i say.

he looks back at me, looking a tad bit confused.

"hi, clay." he answers, looking up at me with his eyebrows raised, looking for an answer to why i was talking to him right now.

"uh- do you want a ride? it's cold." i say, partially hesitating.

"oh. uhh, i guess? you really don't have to. i only live a block away." he said, assuring me that he was ok.

"it's ok, i feel like being nice today." i said, motioning for him to follow me to the car.

i could see nick smirking at me, which my face burned at.

i unlocked the car, and got into the driver's seat. george followed immediately after.

the car ride was silent. i didn't mind. at least i was with george. i pulled up to his house and he gathered his stuff from his seat. he looked up to thank me and there was this short moment.

we just kind of, looked at eachother.

brown eyes stared into green, and we were almost frozen. he blushed a little bit, not really knowing what was happening. honestly, i'm not sure how it happened either.

still looking into my eyes, george stammered his words, until they became solid.

"uh- thanks. bye, clay." he said, leaving the car and closing the door. as usual, i waited for him to get inside before leaving, just to make sure he gets in safely.

i can't wait for the next time he looks at me like that.
-
a/n
ooo long chapter
anyway i don't have anything planned so sory if thisis bad LOL
anyway stop giving me reads pls this is at 400 i hate it here this isn't even a good book goodbye
also pls give me ideas
ALSO SHOUKD I WRITE A ONESHOT BOOK
and shameless self promotion go follow my instagram @/skepsjournal i journal about minecraft youtubers ok bye