eight

clay's pov of last chapter (plus some more from that moment) --

i'm sitting with george right now. we're scrolling on our phones under a tree.

did he just.. glance at me? he's blushing.

blushing.

the butterflies did their thing.

i'll try talking to him more today. maybe we can get another coffee.

there's some girls looking at me right now. i don't really care. i'm more attracted to guys anyways. i think george is, too.

"clay?" he said, looking up from his phone to turn to me. i held myself back from screaming whenever he said my name. i turned to him to reply.

"yeah?"

"uhh.." he paused in hesitation, just for a moment. "do you think you could stay after school with me for a little bit? just until they leave." he asked, rather shyly. he was talking about the bullies.

"yeah, of course." i told him, and he smiled in thankfulness.

he smiled.
at me.

calm down. calm the fuck down, clay.
-
we spent our free periods together with bad and zak, and nick just decided not to show up. i got to know more about george and got to hear his voice more. i can't get over how cute his accent is. how pleasant his giggle is to me.

i got to learn that he was colourblind, and the only nice colour he could see was blue. the rest was piss. that phrase made me laugh, and he seemed to be proud of bringing a chuckle out of me.

it was after school now, and i was just staying with george until he felt comfortable leaving. we sat down under the same tree as this morning. on the right i could find tommy, one of our friends, chasing down a distressed looking tubbo. tommy and tubbo were both a year younger. tommy was a loud, obnoxious kid, though he was still nice to be around. his jokes were awful which made me laugh. tubbo's real name was toby. i honestly don't know where tubbo same from, but it's his minecraft name. come to think of it, a lot of our nicknames for eachother are from minecraft.

coming up to us we're the same 3 guys as before. they saw me and george together and laughed. "does george have a boyfriend? hm?" one of them said, and the other two seemed to find that funny. george turned a faint shade of pink, but immediately put on a stern voice. "go away. none of us asked for you to come here." he said.

one of them tried laying a hand on him. my instincts told me to slap his hand away from george's head before it touched him. "leave him alone. go." i told them, my anger growing. "or what?" the guy on the right said. i stood up, towering over them. they looked a little scared at this, but stayed in place. "go the fuck away." i told them. they just shrugged and left.

"thanks, clay." george said.

"want a ride home? i can drive you home everyday if you want." i offered. he wore a gentle smile and he lit up.

"if it's not a bother, i mean y-" he tried to say, but i cut him off. "not a bother. i'd be happy to." i said, in a warm tone. he smiled at me, and his brown eyes looked at me for a second. i blushed. i think he noticed.

"let's go, then." i said, and we started our short walk to my car.

we got inside, seatbelts on, and i started driving. i remember the route from yesterday. he didn't live far from the school, so it was easy to remember. i got there and pulled up to his driveway.

"thanks again, clay!" he said, as he reached to open the car door. he got out, grabbed his stuff, closed the door, and shot me a goodbye wave. i waited until he got inside to leave.

i hope tomorrow i get to talk to him as much as i did today.
-
me: y weren't u here today
nick: didn't feel like it lol
me: bitch
nick: all yours 😫👅💯
me: no
me: stop
nick: lol
nick: so how was your crush today
nick: your little georgie
me: don't call him that
me: i drove him home
nick: ooooooo
me: stop
nick: does anyone else know?
me: abt what
nick: about your boyfriend
me: he's not my boyfriend
nick: not yet

sapnap can be an asshole.

but maybe he was right.

not yet .