Chapter 9.

| we pretend that we don't care, but we fucking do|

listen: lady gaga - I'll never love again

"yeah, alright, I'll come maybe in a day or two" the client bid goodbye to jeongguk and taehyung as he exited the parlour.

jeongguk then plopped onto the sofa and he left out a sigh which earned a pat upon his shoulder from taehyung, "good job boss, the tattoo looked mesmerising"

"It's not done yet" jeongguk muttered.

"what do you meant it's not done" taehyung shot jeongguk a confused look as he cleaned up and sterilised all the equipments used earlier and get ready to welcome the next customer.

"I nearly fucked up the flowers" he groaned as he ruffled his hair is exasperation, "I finished the skull with no issues and when I was about to move on to those flower art, I just- stop, you know"

"I'm dumb, enlighten me" taehyung still had the confused look plastered on his face as he ducked his head to one side.

jeongguk ran his fingers over his dark brown hair to untangle them and heaved a sigh, "I-I just don't know which flowers to include in the design to best describe 'unconditional love'."

He received a cue from taehyung in order for him to continue, so he does, "neither do I know what's the flowers that best describes him and I, since you know every tattoo design is about us ," a loud groan escaped his lips, "fuck, I've never felt like this before"

"This has clearly proven how much this design means to you" taehyung wiped the chair with a half-dry cloth and swiped the surface to pat off the invisible dust.

"Of course it does, every tattoo meant a lot to me. It's just that...this one's slightly different" this one was after the encounter.

"Well, namjoon hyung is coming back tomorrow, why not asked him for some ideas? The customer agreed to come back for touching up and adding more to the design anyways" taehyung suggested, finishing up his work and head back to the counter.

jeongguk contemplated at taehyung's words before nodding in agreement. he stood up and stretched to loosen his limbs as he scooted over to the floor-to-ceiling glass door.

he tried to peep through the glass and looked over to the bakery first then back to the florist shop then back to the bakery.

"you can go check him out, ya know, it's not a crime" jeongguk was so immersed in peeping into his neighbour's shop that he jolted from taehyung's sudden presence by his side.

"I'm not checking anyone out" jeongguk shook his head, awkwardly rubbed his hand on his nape where his first tattoo inked by namjoon sits.

"says you," taehyung crossed his arms, "well, I saw him this morning, he was wearing a ripped jean and an oversized white knitted sweater, looking hoooot than ever" he teased, feeling cheerful to witness jeongguk's nervousness.

"m'not interested" immediately, jeongguk walked back to the counter and grabbed a piece a cookie before stuffing it into his mouth.

"you're right, he's beautiful" jeongguk almost choked on his cookie that he coughed severely that the crumbs throwing out of his mouth and scattered all over the countertop.

he quickly swiped it off the before taehyung saw as he turned around and shot him a death yet confused glare, "since when did I mention that he's beautiful?"

"you don't have to say it for me to know it, jeon" taehyung rested both of his hands on his sides like a mother hen,

"your eyes tell"

💐
LAST ONE BEFORE I HEAD TO BED,
goodnight ❤️