Saving her.

(This pic is of my beloved Damien! I hope you enjoy this chapter!)

Damien's Pov!

The second those hunters flew through the doors of the ballroom, I went into a protective mode. Something I haven't faced for a very, very long time. I gaze around the room for Taylor, and almost sighing when I realized she was here. But once she ran in, my heart dropped.

And as they approached her? I got insane, tearing through every single one I had seen just to keep them away from my precious Angel. But gladly she took Apollo's warning an fled from the scene, making me believe that she was going to be safe.

Boy, was I wrong.

The scent of blood permeated the air, and Apollo ran from the room before I had a chance. Worry flooded my mind for a moment. "I guess I have some competition for my Angel." I growl, running out of the room after him to see him sitting on the floor by the doors, looking utterly broken.

"They took her, Damien, they attacked her and took her from me.. You." He says softly, his dark eyes settling on mine as he shakes his head slightly, pushing himself up.

"What do you mean they took her from us? Was she alright? We need to get here back!" I gasp out slightly, shock and worry covering over me like a thick and very unsettling blanket.

"What do you think I mean?!" He roars, thunderously. "They stole her away! With our luck they'll convince her we're beasts! She'll despise us!" He shouts, and I roll my eyes, ignoring his outrage.

"Well my friend, we'll just have to get her back, won't we?" I say smoothly, turning my back on him and walking down the hall to my study, letting him outrage and be a moronic fool about them trying to turn her against us. Walking into my study, I close the door behind me and let out a loud shout.

Shouting profanities and throwing everything in sight. Books off of shelves, candelabras on the floor, even throwing down and tearing my protective curtains off of the windows, moonlight streaming into the usually gloomy office.

I glance up at the moon for a moment before I slam my fist into the bookshelf, splinters instantly filling my hand and I wince, but I welcome it. I look down at my wood filled hand, "If Taylor was here, she'd know how to fix this." I whisper quietly and growl, slamming my hand into the shelf again an closing my eyes for a moment before I shake my head. Walking out of the destroyed room and back down the hall to Apollo, with a proposal.

"We're going to find her." I state, crossing my arms and watching him as he turns to me, tilting his head a bit in curiousity.

"And how do you propose to do this? The slayers know she must mean something to us, or they wouldn't have taken her." He says as he shoots me an icy glare.

"Whether she means anything to me or you doesn't matter right now, the only thing that matters is where she would be." I say, running my hand through my hair and sighing a bit.

"The slayers take everyone they acquire to their warehouse, so it's simple, we just break in, take her away and we'll be fine." I say as I look at him boredly, smirking after a moment ad turning away from him, swiftly walking towards the door.

"And what do you expect us to do? Break into a slayer warehouse? That would practically be like sitting in the sun for an hour, that's something that we wouldn't want to do." He says and leans against one of the walls with a tired expression as he laughs dryly.

"I get you want your blood toy back, but that does not mean you are going to put her life and ours in danger." He snaps at me, "Go risk your life, I'm going to plan this out." He mutters and stalks off away from me.

I stare at him with disbelief, had he just denied going to save her? Did he really want to leave her in the grasp of those slayers? Would she even be the same after we had gotten her back? What if we waited too long and she was mutated by them?

"Oh god, Taylor." I sigh and slowly walk up the stairs cautiously.

"I'm going to save you soon, Taylor, I promise you I will save you before anything happens to you or they mutate your innocent mind." I mumble and glance around slightly before I get up angrily, walking out the door and closing it behind me.

I stormed down the street quickly, the sun impendingly coming, rising quickly which make me grow worried. Running with my fortunate vampire speed to somewhere near the warehouse. Not willing to go anywhere near those slayers without any protection. I may be a vampire, but that doesn't mean I'll be able to go against 100 men with weapons.

I let out a loud hiss as I feel the sun rays hitting my skin. Instantly turning it red and making it sizzle slightly. Jumping into the safety of a shadow, I wince in pain and slowly watch the skin knit itself back together.

Once it's healed fully, I glance around in worry that someone would see and I wold have to move again. Considering people panicked when they knew that a vampire was anywhere near them. And hence the riots and villagers, chasing us away like we were the plague.

I burst into the sun, running as quickly as I can down the street, jumping onto the warehouse roof and slipping down into one of the windows to the second floor. I hear several heartbeats, and one that sounds a bit weaker than all of the other ones. Slipping into a hallway, I slowly make my way to a small room, the one that contains the heartbeat.

I suck in a sharp breath and look around, before I slowly and quietly opening the door. What I see startles me.

"Oh god, Taylor." I whisper out, seeing the blood staining her formerly perfect dress, her face pale and deathly looking.

I instantly worry for her safety, stroking her cheek lightly for a moment, hoping that she gets better quickly.

Hearing a heartbeat and footsteps approaching, I wince and slip into a dark corner, hiding until the door opens and I'm able to slip out. Disappearing into the night, "The little spitfire will be fine." I whisper, sighing.

As a stake lands in my leg, making me curse as I stumble.

And I look at my assailant, wincing. "Oh good lord."

(Hope you like it!)
~Vote~
~Comment~
~Fan~