Feelings?

(The pic is of the new guy! He'll be more important in more chapters!)

Blinking my eyes open a few hours later, I frown slightly. Had I heard him right? Or, was that some strange hallucination my mind had conjured up? Well, now I'm believing I'm criminally insane. Shifting up in my bed, I look around the room and run my hands over the silky sheets. "I'm finally cracking." I mutter and slip off the bed, not bothering to get dressed and peeking out into the hall. Glancing around. I'm sure I would look insane with my nightgown and my completely messy hair.

At this point, I say hell to having to dress up! And honestly, it was a pain to try and do the corsets up by myself. But there was no way I would ask any of those brutes to do it... Well, maybe I would ask.. Him to..
No! No way, I wouldn't involve him in my life if it depended on it, and besides, I needed to find a low strung way to get out of this hell hole and get back to my brother. He must be torn up with worry by now! I've been selfish really, not caring about him.

Stuck in my reverie, I don't notice when I bump into someone, and I snap out of it quickly, looking them up and down with a frown. "You don't live here." I blurt out suddenly. I knew the other idiots, but this man was new.

He looks down at me with shock for a moment, before he raises an eyebrow at my actions. "Are you sure you're in the right place? If you're heading back to the brothel, it's down the street." He states, and my jaw drops at how incredibly rude that was.

He just called me a prostitute, a whore, a shameless slut! How dare he call me anything of the sort! "The brothel? You must be daft if you assume that I'm from a brothel." I growl at him angrily. I know I'm not frightening, but that doesn't mean I'm not very angry.

"Well, then why don't you explain to me why you're here then, considering you're not exactly like the others that occupy this residence." He grins at me, and I can't help but shudder a bit and step back from him, starting to feel a bit cautious and nervous.

"I don't think it would be in my best interests to tell you anything about me, or why I'm here," I say as I shake my head, turning away and walking back down the hall from him, too angry to even think about talking to him right now, and I'm fuming. I ignore him calling for me to wait, and storm away from him, back to my room and slamming the door behind me.

"Stupid leaches trying to take over my life and ruin it, stupid brother for making me take the blame for this, and stupid me for listening to him for once!" I groan to myself, going through the clothing he has for me and sighing, deciding to finally get dressed. "Every dress is red." I huff, pulling out the least intimidating one and starting to get dressed, eventually managing to get ready and slipping out of my room again, running into someone the second I open my door. "Ouch." I mumble, rubbing my face slightly and looking up at the stranger again.

"You seem to make a habit of following me around, you know." I point out and push past him, "I don't think lord Damian would like you toying with his property, either." I say smoothly, then I tense up, had I just called myself his property? His? I'm shocked, I'm appalled, and I'm currently in someone's arms.

Pushing away from him, I huff and narrow my eyes. "What if I told you you're not his... You're mine?" He says, a sinister smile crossing over his features and I shake my head slowly, shock crossing my face.

"Yours? N-No, he never would do that, I'm hardly his, let alone him letting you have me." I say, shaking my head and stumbling back from him and glancing around for some form of reprieve from him. Now would be the perfect time for anyone to come and swoop by, but nobody does, not in the slightest bit. But to my luck, nobody comes to save me! Panic starts to settle over me and I shake my head again, "I'm not yours, I'm not anybodies." I squeak out, stepping back as a dark aura settles over the room.

Before he can respond, I feel hands on my shoulders, pulling me into a hard chest. "Don't scare the poor girl, Apollo, and don't confuse her either." He rumbles, and I let out a soft sigh of relief, pressing my face into the familiar chest and wrapping a single arm around him, shaking a bit against him.

"Oh come on, Damian, we all know your playthings always wind up becoming mine." He smirks, and I frown against him as he starts to stroke my hair slowly and calmingly, and I sigh quietly in relief.

"Just because they have before, doesn't mean you can come into my house and frighten her." He snaps at the man.. Apollo was his name, and even that chilled me to the bone. Snapping me out of my reverie, he tilts my chin up to make me look at him. "You should run along, little one, we have work to do." He murmurs, more gentle than he's ever really been with me, and I move away from him, not making eye contact with the man, too intimidated right now.

"Of course.. Lord Damien." I mumble softly, glancing at him. "It was such a pleasure to meet you, Apollo." I say, with as much venom in my voice as physically possible. Turning away and swiftly walking away from the two of them and down the hall, smirking a bit as I hear Apollo fuming from how I had spoken to him, and disregarded him like that.

I grin, shaking out my long hair and walking over to a door, peeking around the empty hallway and smirking. "Freedom, finally." I mumble to myself, pulling the door open and stepping out, quickly stumbling to get as far as possible before the sun set completely.

I wasn't going to fall for his fake love, how sincerely he seemed when he scooped me up and saved me from Apollo, how he had rescued me so many times already...

"Wait! If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have been in this mess! He blamed everything on me, he bit me, harassed me, and put my life in danger!" I gasp to myself, shaking my head slightly and rubbing my arms as the rain begins pouring down, making me stumble through the streets without some form of shawl to keep me covered, and the sleeveless dress wasn't helping my case either.

I just knew I had to get as far as possible, and pray he doesn't find me. Because, if he does, I don't want to know what would happen to me.