Chapter 2

So, another day. How many days has it been already? A week, I guess, since I started. Most of those days, I was busy catching up, getting used to school, and setting up my room and the house. I talked to few students here. They seemed nice.

I came in a bit early today because I had to talk to my biology teacher about the chapters I missed. It's a pretty normal sight here in the class; the two dudes are bickering still. It doesn't look that serious. Some girls occupy the last benches and seem to be engrossed in their gossip. Looks like one of them is narrating a story or something. There was another group of guys and girls, some standing, some sitting on benches and desks. There're few loners and a group of boys in the middle rows discussing something.

I took a seat in the middle column in one of the middle rows. Then I heard what they were discussing. Honestly, I thought they would discuss something irrelevant or stupid. But they seem pretty interesting to me. I felt bad for judging them.

"Of course, it's the tiger. Tiger is the best and the strongest. It's a symbol of strength in a lot of cultures," said a fellow with pride. He has an athletic build and a deep voice. And a sleek hairstyle to highlight his sharp features; straight clove brown hair with close-cropped sides, not too much; just enough.

"No, lions are the king of the forest," said the dude who was facing him, standing with his arms crossed. It's David. One of the guys I've talked to before. He's tall and lean with cropped hair brushed back, angular. It suits him. He's a little more toned and stouter than tiger dude.

"A tiger can easily kick a lion's ass. It could rip the skin off your bone with a lick, that's how rough and strong its tongue is!" Both of them looked ready to argue. Yeah, I've read about that before and tigers are obviously larger. A tiger could technically win in a one-on-one fight. But then there's a hippo or an elephant.

"I still like cheetahs more, they're gorgeous. And of course, the fastest," another sitting on the chair placed backwards to face them, cut in. He had light brown, chestnut hair, which looked stunning as the sun's rays shone on it. He had a gracious smile to go with it.

Another boy with glasses said, "I want to see them in real life, I wish they weren't so threatened." He's got more gentle features to him in comparison. Everyone agreed with him. The glasses compliment him a lot. His short side-swept bangs make him look even more charming. He's my height, or maybe shorter.

One of the two guys that don't get along butts in, "Orcas are the best." He's tall and lean with well-distinguished, firm muscles. Standing there with his arms crossed made his biceps flex. He's genuinely friendly and cheerful as he talked to me once or twice. He has a nice, innocent smile. Which he's not. I forgot his name. Was it Merlin? It started with an M.

"But they're jerks like you," said his archenemy. He glared at orca and turned away. M really never leaves him alone, but he's always ready with his snarky tongue... sometimes the shoe as well.

"Hmm, but you like me, anyway." He tried saying this with all nonchalance he could muster to hide his grin.

"I swear I won't miss your face this time, " his nemesis snarled, glaring daggers at him. He has a handsome face, but he gets angry so easily and he frowns a lot. His face always holds a certain level of hostility in it. Orca sure knows how to rile him up.

This seemed fun indeed. I couldn't resist smiling.

Then someone with an entirely different view said, "But imagine a predator that can fly, has vision 5 to 8 times better and wider than normal humans. I choose eagles and hawks. Especially the red-tailed hawk. Gorgeous." All of them hummed. He has a calm voice. Deep, a little gruff edging on husky. I couldn't see him. David was obstructing my view.