hold my hand tighter this time (daryl x plus size reader) 🥺

"I'm not going to be able to do this. I know I can't." I take a breath, as I had been tracking with Daryl in the woods, we got separated by a herd of walkers and I was alone, I was terrified and I didn't know what to do, I just knew this was a bad thing, losing the man I loved and almost having a panic attack. I turn around as I saw nothing around me, no walkers or people. "Shit." I sighed, as I went through, my foot suddenly got caught up in a bear trap, as I felt the spikes pierce into my foot, I held back screaming, I knew my foot was a goner and I was trying not to make too much noise. As I fell, I look up at the sky, just Daryl's face was all I could see, his smile, the way that he always held my hand when I got scared, the way he protected me from everyone and everything. I felt tears fall down my face, as I smiled, probably for the final time, as I felt my foot going numb, the blood seeping out of my ankle as I suddenly get a rush of energy, I sat up, as panic set in. "Son of a bitch!" I shouted, when I heard someone in the distance, "Y/n!" I could see Rick, he was running towards me, as he noticed my foot was stuck. "Shit." He suddenly pulled me up into his lap, as he pulled the trap off my foot with his bare hands, as it snapped together, he wrapped up my foot with an old shirt and he carried me back, as all I heard was his breathing, his heartbeat. "Rick."

When I woke up, I felt dizzy and confused, I was in my bedroom, my foot was bandaged and it was aching, but I felt so weird. I saw Daryl stood at my window, he turned around when I just frown, he looked pissed. "Why the fuck did you leave?" He glared, like it was my fault that this happened. "You're blaming me? You cut me off! You wanted to get the herd away." I flinch as I moved my foot, so I could stand up. "You almost died, y/n! Sit the fuck down." He pushed me back on the bed, as I look at him, hurt. "Get out." I whisper, his eyes soften. "I tried to keep you safe. I always have. Do you know what I'd do if you died? I'd be gone. I wouldn't be here." He looked at me, as I looked away, "Why is it so hard for you to open up to me? What is wrong with you?" I shake my head as he looked away, "You. It's you, y/n. You've made me like this. You've made me better. How fucking sad is that?" He shrugged, as I lie back down, I watch him, as I noticed his scars on his back, I hadn't seen them before. "What are those on your back?" He seemed to tense up, but he stayed silent. He turned and he broke into tears, "Daryl.." I frown and I wrap my arms around his neck, he leaned into me as I kiss his shoulder, leaning into his chest. "Hey, I'm here. What's wrong?" He took a breath, "I just- Fuck. Don't you see it? I love you." He admitted, as I look into his eyes, "You're an idiot, Dixon. I love you too. I fucking love you." I held onto his shoulders as he leaned forward and he kissed me, I kiss him back, as I smile into his lips. "You are such a dumb ass."

"As long as I'm yours."