slippin' through my fingers (rick)

(TW: Suicide, hallucinations, gore &death. ALSO I KNOW RICK IS ALIVE OKAY this is fictional and I wanted to write a sad one lol thanks again)

The bridge. The bridge exploded and fell, Rick went down with the walkers and he was gone. I watched it happen, repeating those memories in my head, over and over again, all I could remember was seeing him look at me, 'I found them'. I couldn't believe my eyes, he was really gone. It killed me, I screamed, as Daryl held me back, I couldn't breathe, I felt like I was dying with him. I sit on the edge of a cliff, watching the sky, as I imagined how easy it would of been if life hadn't changed, if things stayed the same. I remembered the day I met Rick, how it felt. His smile, the way he saved me without thinking. "I miss you." My voice cracked, as tears ran down my face, I just saw him again, I couldn't get him out of my head. "It would be so easy.." I whisper, as I look down, it was such a big drop, but I knew if I did it, I couldn't survive. "Jump." A voice inside my head told me, everything inside me wanted to just jump, just to end it now. It would of been so easy, but if I survived it, it could be even worse for me. "I can't.. Daryl, Michonne.. my family." I look away, as I take a deep breath, as I stand up, my foot slips and I fall from the edge of the cliff, just as I fell, I didn't feel anything, it felt so quick. I shut my eyes as I drop to the ground, the pain hit me first, as I look up, realising how far I had come and survived. "Holy shit." I whisper, as I feel pain all over, I wasn't sure if I broke any bones, but it wasn't as bad as I thought.

"Y/n!" I look up, seeing Daryl was on the cliff edge, he looked horrified. "Daryl.. I can't move." I whisper, as he realised. "You- shit." He quickly made his way down, as he came beside me. "Are you- did you jump?" He frowned, "No, no I fell.. I slipped on the rock.. I couldn't move, Daryl." I try and grab his hand, as he gripped my hand. "I'm here, okay? You're alive. You're gonna be okay." He slowly picked me up, as he carried me back towards Alexandria, we weren't that far away. "You're gonna be okay, I promise." He told me, but I didn't hear his voice, I heard Rick. I look up, Rick was carrying me, everything was so foggy. "Rick?" I was confused. "You're okay now, darlin'. You're safe." He told me, I had no clue where I was. "I- I don't understand." Where was I? "You didn't survive the fall, y/n. You broke your neck and bled out. It was a damn hard fall. You died." He told me, "I'm dead?" I whisper, confused. "Yeah, but that's okay. You're with me. And I'm dead too, so at least you're with me now." He grinned, as I watch his eyes. "I don't get it. How am I here?" I held onto him tighter. "Baby, you died. You jumped off that cliff and you died. Just like I died on that bridge. And now, we are together. Don't worry about a thing." He kissed my forehead as the rest became foggy and I shut my eyes, finally in my forever sleep, with the man I loved.

-Daryl's POV-
I had spent hours searching for y/n, there was no sign. "Y/n!" I shouted, my crossbow in hand as I notice something on the cliff face. I look around, when I stopped. Y/n. Her body was below. She was dead. Her eyes open. "No.. no, no, no.." I ran down there, as fast as I could. I couldn't save her. It was too late. I fell to my knees, as I broke down in tears. She was gone. Just like Rick. I couldn't help her anymore. "I'm so sorry, I failed you. I failed Rick." My voice cracked, as I cried over her dead body.

This was all my fault. She was gone.

(I HATE MYSELF IM SORRY)