Chapter 2

Amy woke with a start. Images flooded her head. Madrigal strong hold...cave-in... Jonah's screams...Isabel... Natalie's blood...all the clues! Amy recalled all that happened the day before. Dan and her had all 39 of the precious clues her grandmother, Grace, sent them out to get. She remembered the will reading and sadness flooded her body. Grace is gone. Her and her brother had no time to mourn their grandmothers death. Right into the clue hunt they went with only a loyal Au Pair, some of Grace's jewelry and Grace's lovely Egyptian Mau. But only if they knew that when they started the challenge that they were up against back-stabbers and espionage experts. They traded two-million dollars for a single hint. They found that they were related to many famous people like Benjamin Franklin, Mozart and the Grand Duchess Anastasia. Sooner or later the two were traveling all over the world. Everywhere from Massachusetts to China. Next thing Amy knew she and her brother had won! We won! It almost sounded funny, one minute they thought they were losing, bad, then, all the others were handing them their clues! A giggle escaped her mouth and she smiled.

"I know... we won!" Said Dan unexpectedly.

"It's almost unreal, like in a couple minutes I'm gonna wake up, back in London." She replied, slightly startled that her brother was next to her and she hadn't seen him.

She only now remembered where she was. She was in London. She, Nellie, Fiske and Dan were back in their hotel room that they had checked into after the stronghold. It was too late to go back to Massachusetts. Either that or they were just too tired to get on a plane; emotionally and physically.

"I'm going back to sleep. Goodnight, Dan." Amy said quietly before laying down and facing a wall, so her back was facing Dan.

Dan whispered a "Goodnight." and Amy heard him move from where he was sitting on the edge of the bed to a laying position. Once Amy was calmed down, she fell back into sleep. Her dreams were full of what adventures she might have next. This time, without all the stress of a clue hunt.