Chapter 50

After dinner, Nellie offered to show Cindy to her room. Ian was relieved. He had spent the whole dinner with his head down, making sure Cindy couldn't see him. After their relationship that had went down the drain, it would be pretty awkward. He could see Natalie do the same in his peripheral vision. After the whole introduction thing, he was pretty sure that she knew who he was along with Natalie, but if Ian got lucky, she may be oblivious.

       "Ian, are you okay? You look... distant. What's wrong?" Ian snapped his head up from the table that he had been staring at and looked at the owner of the voice. There, in front of him, was probably the most perfect girl in the world. As soon as the 'Korea incident', Ian had known that she would be the only one for him.

       "Yes, love. I just have a bit of a headache. I'll be fine in the morning. Goodnight, Amy." He said, kissing her on the cheek before getting up and walking in the direction of his room.

       As soon as Ian rounded the corner, Natalie appeared and grabbed his arm. "What are we going to do about Cindy. She obviously recognized us. Do we tell her everything? I think she would be pretty mad about the, you know, information switch." Natalie lowered her voice on the last sentence.

       It wasn't a coincidence that two people from the same branch meet at an online school, live in the same city, meet in person, and set you up with their brother. The real reason is that her parents had a clue and Isabel knew. Vikram had sent her parents an anonymous Email saying that if they would meet and exchange their clue that the person would give them some big money. Like, millions, big money. Her parents said no, because, they didn't know if they were in their branch or not. Of course in the Email it said Lucian, but it was an anonymous. Isabel couldn't risk her identity, so she set it up so that their kids could meet. Soon enough, they were over at the Calaway residents. Cindy's last name was Cahill, but her parents changed it to Calaway, thinking it was too dangerous to be named Cahill. They were low profile in the Cahill world and it seemed like they intended for it to stay that way.

       "We can't tell her that I only dated her to get a clue for Isabel. She wouldn't trust us and would be out of here before we can finish talking. We need to find a different way."

       "We could use a memory loss serum." Natalie suggested.

       "But then the others would know somethings up. Plus, it would wear off eventually." Ian brainstormed for a few minutes. "The best I can think of is if we just pretend that this is just a big coincidence and that it's nice to see her again."

       "But what about your guys' relationship? Won't she ask why you can't have your happily ever after? I know her and she was head over heels about you."

       "We'll cross that bridge when we get to it, but for the moment, I have to pretend to have a migraine. Good night."

       And with that being said, he side-stepped her and walked to his room.

----____----____----____----____----

I am a horrible author. I haven't updated for soooooo long. It's been, what, a month?!?!?!?! I'm so sorry. I'm promising you right now that there will be an update in at least 2 weeks. I swear on my life. If I don't you guys all have total permission to come over to Minnesota and... idk torture me because I'm a horrible author with no morals. I'm being slightly dramatic right now and idk why.... I think I've finally lost it.... Help me.........

Vote

Comment

Keep on readin'!!!!!!