With a satisfied hum, Liam peeked to see it was safe to turn back around and smiled as he helped her zip it up.

"There. Now you like your undercover or something, hun." He teased, tapping the extra fabric behind her head. It caught her interest as she turned to look behind her in confusion about what he meant, so she pulled it forward to study it. And as soon as it filled on over her head, she giggled.

It became a peaceful, enclosed space, providing warmth and a bit of cover. But more importantly, allowed her to think without getting overwhelmed with what was outside the car. Though he didn't stop there when he offered up a pair of leggings as well. Which turned into another struggle of giving her some privacy as she stripped bare, though her cotton panties were enough of a blockage for him not to have to worry too much in that regard.

She managed well enough on her own, wiggling into them as it was getting difficult considering the confinement of the car. But her attention soon returned to look outside the window, observing all that passed her viewpoint. Whether it was the flock of birds diving for scraps or the casual group of humans that walked intending to do errands.

This was the daily bustle of a human's life. Even Liam was starting to grow uncomfortable with the unnatural smell they were letting off when clustered together.

"I know it's loud, but it's the closest place to get everything we need. There's shoes in here too." When he held up the bag, her instant reaction was to squeeze it to create the sound again.

"I know they're not as long as you're used to, but I think they'll do for now. Right?" He reached in to fish out the socks. A jolt of excitement appeared on Sage's face as she traded out her clothes once again. There was dirt and gravel at the bottom of hers.

So it wasn't that much of a choice to trade them up, pulling them up to her mid-calf and begun to wiggle her toes.

"Luke got you a size eight, hope that's the right size." He said, more so to himself as Sage hasn't spoken before, and it wasn't likely she would now. However she held the pair in confusion, squeezing them like she did with the plastic bag—only no static noise followed.

Her brow soon scrunched together as she struggled to identify what she's holding. "Shoes...They're shoes. They go on your feet?" He answered, staring at her in disbelief. They were standards issue black sneakers with laces, but they might as well have been crafted by aliens themselves because she wouldn't have known what the hell do with them anyway.

"Here, watch." He suggested, unloosing the strings and bending the sides to break it in a little before she puts them on. He pulled her foot up and settled her in before retying the laces.

And Sage watched with bewildered eyes as he continued onto the next foot.

When he was finished, she looked down at them—covered by the oddities that he so kindly offered. She tapped the seat in front of her in question, but she couldn't feel through them as they blocked contact.

But she didn't like the fact that she couldn't wiggle her toes properly.

"No." She grumbled, grinding her feet into the ground as he chuckled.

"Yeah, I don't like them either. But when we're with humans, we can't around barefoot. Even with socks on. Alright?" Sage understood at the bare minimum that the people that held her captive weren't the same as her, though she's seen other wolves on rare occasions before.

Though Luke and Liam were the first in her cell block. Which was unfortunate for the entire building, especially for Alex and whoever's car they were currently in.

Not long after Sage had yanked off her shoes, her head swiveled around to catch Luke coming around to the front of the car. But Liam recognized the logo anywhere, sighing towards the car's ceiling after seeing the five heavy bags of McDonald's and a handful of large drinks.