Halloween Special

Rivio adjusted his costumes collar. Today was October 31st, his favorite holiday of the year. Halloween! He was dressed up as a video game character he absolutely adored from Devil May Cry, specifically the 5th game's version of Vergil. "Alright, all set." He says as he grabs his Yamato. While a replica would have been fine he decided to go with a real katana modeled after the fabled and all-powerful Devil Arm. Coming from his room he hears footsteps from behind him and sees his brother and Kiba coming down the hall; Issei was dressed as a favorite of his: a character from Drag-So Ball. Rivio couldn't ever get into it honestly so he didn't know who he was or anything about them, but he was glad to see his brother having fun with it. Kiba was dressed as a mummy surprisingly and had his usual smile upon his face.

"Wow look at you! Ready to go slice open portals and tear off someone's right arm?" Issei asked jokingly.

"You bet ya. Although...your left arm has all the power." Rivio said eyeing where the Sarcee Gear typically appeared while slowly drawing his Yamato, making Issei chuckle slightly while holding said left arm behind him while Kiba chuckled.

"Now now, we shouldn't get the Hal's dirty." The blonde knight said to them.

Their fun was stopped as another set of footsteps came toward them; this time it was the girls approaching. Rias was leading the bunch of course, dressed as a she-Devil with fake horns and a fake tale as well as a red trident. Akeno was dressed as a nurse, her costume rather tight around the bust and hips. Asia was in her nun uniform, and Xenovia was dressed as a crusader. What caught Rivio's eyes was his girlfriend, who had drawn on whiskers and her tail and ears out going as a cat. "Well you boys ready?" Rias asks.

  They had the plan of going out and to some cafes where if you come in costume you get a special sale; also this was an opportunity for Gasper who was dressed as a robot, but an old school one with boxes and stuff. Whatever made him comfortable guess the group went with and even pitched in to help.

  After a small conversation they all gathered at the door and left walking out to the cafe where, with Rias' reservations in order, they got seated relatively fast. The meals they each had were great; some ate something for the first time even and Gasper only hid for about 2 fourths of the time they were sat down! When Rivio was done he looked out the window catching the attention of Koneko who was sat next to him. "Riv, you good?" She ask him.

  He turns to her and nods. "Oh yeah. Just...reminiscing. This story we're in has been going since 2016 now. Ash never thought it'd get so many views or be as big as it is now." He says. Koneko looks at him in confusion. "Hell, Ash had the thought of crossing over the Darkness and DxD in 9th grade! Just an off-shot thought while in the high school library waiting for a finale. 'Hmm...these so would work together!' Like that. And now...just look at it. Crazy."

Koneko stays silent for a moment before speaking. "What the hell are you talking about?" She asks.

Rivio chuckles. "Nothing." He says before turning back to the window. "Thanks you guys, seeing our story blow up like this is...staggering. Ash knows that the updates are wonkey and timing is crap and all, but that's because following a schedule makes Ash rush. Ash has said it before and will say it again; the best chapter results come from this and is thankful you all stuck around this long."

—————————————————————————
Happy Halloween! Hope everyone was safe and had fun! Thanks for over 100k reads!!!!!
The next part will be out sometime in the future (obviously), so bear with the wait. Once I read the light novel it will happen as I've been doing other stories (almost done with my own book to publish! Will give link when done!), YouTube vids, and school. Speaking of I have a story in fanfiction.net ! A Konosuba-Devil May Cry crossover story I'm really in love with. Go give it a read if you can or want to while this is being written, I go by Defalt on fanfic.net and the story is titled Shall Never Surrender. Alternatively to pass the time you can do a Q&A in comments if you want to; just nothing too personal. Thanks for everything guys! And as always owners get full credit, and have a good day!
-Ash