Powells help

"H-h-help? Why should I help you? I knew that... thing! was gonna catch up sooner or later. I'm not risking my life for it again!" He stuttered out shacking as he started to pace back and fourth. "I wouldn't be here asking for help if I didn't need it. Johnny I need your help. Without it the Darkness may end up freeing itself into the world because I can't control it." I say to which he stops and stars at me. "Control it? Do you have any idea the history behind that thing? Any at all?" He says getting a negative nod from me.

"That's just great! A host who doesn't even know what he's the host of, hallelujah!" "I know what it is, I said I didn't know the history of it, if you know I'd like to know as well since it's inside me." He looks at me as if contemplating, then finally moves to grab two chairs. "Sit down, this may take a while." I move to do as he says getting ready for the history lesson.

[Basic history: https://youtu.be/5X3X-HJPUo0 Just scratch the Jackie parts for the Darkness itself]

    "So, it's been here that long? The Darkness I mean." I say as he finishes his story. At least I got to get to know a bit more about Jackie but what was most important to me was the Darkness' history. "I-i-its probably one of the oldest living things in existence!" I nod my head with eyes filled with curiosity towards this being inside me. "You can't control it. N-no one in the history of its hosts was able to do it. They were all adults, your only a kid. You have an even smaller chance t-t-to do it!"

     His words are cruel towards me, but I'm not about to let a few mean things derail me from my objective. "That's why I came looking for you. I spent five days including today trying to find you. I beg of you, you must help me." I say to him to which he shakes his head furiously. "No. No! That t-t-thing has already fucked me up e-e-enough! I am not about to let it do m-more to me!" He says turning to leave. I stop him by bowing down all the way, head to the floor, begging him.

"Please. You must help me. This thing has been showing me horrific images for so many years. Then suddenly I'm thrust into this whole new world that I thought was a made up story. I'm... I'm scared. So please Johnny, help me." He looks down at me, completely silent for a good 5 minutes. "Fine. I will TRY to help. B-b-but the second I think you can't hold its power for a single moment then I-I-I'm leaving. Got it?" He says to me as I smile and get up. "I understand. Thank you Johnny." I say as he starts to go farther past me to a shelf of books.

"D-d-don't thank me kid. Trust me if you knew exactly what you are wanting you'd be shitting your pants and running home to hide from t-t-t-this thing. Now follow me." He says reaching up and pulling a book revealing a door behind the bookshelf. I move to walk behind him as we descend down the stairs into a sort of basement with all kinds of old looking things. But the second I got off the last step my eye started to hurt and I could here a lot of different voices.

They were ranging from a child to an adult, women and man, screaming and talking. Then I come to with Johnny's fingers snapping in my face. "Kid, you know why you reacted like that?" He asks while moving forward. "No, it felt as if I was seeing...experiencing memories I forgot. But they aren't mine." I said to him as we continued. "Well that's true. What you probably just had was a flashback because of the Darkness itself. These things on the shelves? There not some fancy wall decoration. There artifacts that have Dark Energy."

     As he speaks we approach the middle of the room. "Dark Energy? What's that?" I ask staring at him. "It's like a drug. But produced from the Darkness. That's what's fucked me up so bad. Being around it and not being a host isn't that good if you couldn't tell." I hear his sarcasm is good still though. I nod to him as I look at all the different artifacts. "How long did it take you to collect these?" "These? Years. I've spent a long time finding these when I got into this line of research. And now I've got a collection to show off. Some of these are from Jackie as well."