First fight! Saving our friend!

"Well, he's gone. So what now?" I ask dodging another priests slash. "We keep them down here as long as we can, I have a feeling you know whats really happening don't you?" Kiba asks slicing a priest across the chest. I nod to his question, knowing everything from aniki's talk with Rias after they healed him in the club building.

"Ya, interesting way to have him do something but it worked. So how long do we keep them down here?" I ask using my eye to dissipate the light from some priests sword then taking his energy. "As long as we need to, it could be for one minute or ten, but truthfully I don't know. It all depends on Issei. Though I do have to ask, your eye. Is that your Sacred gear?" He asks as we end up back to back. "In a way yes. It's one of its powers, other then that I don't know much. Truthfully I got this by random chance."

     Man there's a lot of them down here. Koneko is on the other side of the room dealing with her own set of priests. "Well it seems you got a good power with that random chance. Perfect for going against almost anything with light magic." I nod at him with a slight grin. For once I'm actually able to help aniki instead of being the baby hiding behind his older brother who's standing up to the bullies...another story for another time.

     "Damn, there just three Devils! How are they not dead!" A random priest shouts from the back. "Actually there's only two Devils, my friend here is human." Kiba says with his normal smile towards the coming group. Well this seems like it will be tricky. "Stop!" A voice yelled. The priest swarm obeyed and turned toward where the voice came from. There at the back was two people, one with graying hair and a cane in a nice suit who looked in his fifths and a man with a coat on with brown hair who looked to be in his thirties.

      "You," the man with the cane says pointing forward making the swarm part to show him pointing at me "you are human yes?" He asks as a priest steps forward. "Sir Valente, you should be in a safe place. We promised to find you your object if you list-" "Hold your tongue. The artifact is not as important as that child." He says looking to me. "The child? Why is he important? He's just-" and that's the last word he said as the man pulled out a sword from his cane and shoved it past the ribs of the priest.

    He lets the body fall as the priest chokes on blood that's coming up. "Answer me boy! You are human yes?" He asks with a passive face. "Yes, I am." I say staring at him, he starts to smile a bit, then laugh and soon he starts laughing so hard he has to lean on his cane to keep him up. As he calms down he looks back up and fixes his hair.

      "Yes, with that energy and you being a human, there's no doubt about it. You are the new host to that ratchet power. The power that rightfully belongs to us. So I shall say this once and hope your wiser then your predecessors. Give us the darkness boy!

     I stare at him in shock, how does he know about it? I've kept it hidden since forever and he was just able to see it from his first time looking at me? "W-what are you talking about?" Crap I stuttered. I need to keep calm and try to play this off. If he knows about this thing then either he reads a lot into story's that are said to be fiction, or has had an encounter with it before. "DON'T PLAY DUMB WITH ME BOY! I KNOW YOU HAVE IT! Now I shall say this one last time. GIVE ME THE DARKNESS!"

    With a slight twist on the handle the cane started to glow, he pointed the handle towards me and held it like a spear with two hands on the pole. Well, looks like it's time I stop trying to play out of the situation. "Why should I give it to you? Why do you even want it?" I ask looking at the man. "Who even are you for that matter?"

    He looks at me with calculating eyes as if looking for the best place to cut open or any weakness that is shown. "My name is James Valente, son of Victor Valente and leader of the New Brotherhood. The answer to your other questions is quite simple really, the New Brotherhood wants the Darkness for its destructive force to control and use it. The reason to giving it to us is simpler, your predecessor was Jackie Estacado, his father promised my father and the original Brotherhood the Darkness. As you can see that promise has apparently been a lie for two generations."