Chapter 19

KREE'S POV

'So, I see you've got my parents seal of approval,' Sage says to me, as we walk to my house, with her hand in mine.

'Your mom seemed to like me.' I smirk.

She rolls my eyes. 'She's just been brainwashed by your charms,' I can't hide my smile.

'Oh is that right?' She's leaning against my front door and I place place both arms above her head, caging her in.

'Yep. Once she sees who you really are, she'll run a mile.' She jokes.

'You haven't,' I whisper, leaning in.

'Like I said, brainwashed,' She shrugs. I close my lips over hers, gripping her head with my hands and pin her even closer to the door. I slip my tongue between her soft lips and the kiss is wild and passionate.

'I think we should go inside before your parents see me taking you against the door.' I breathe against her lips.

'Lead the way,' She bites my lip. She's in trouble tonight.

***

I close the door after Sage leaves. 'See this is why I didn't want to go over there.' Angel says.

'What? It was fine.' I say.

'No it wasn't. They started asking questions, they-'

'Of course they asked questions.' I cut in. 'Anyone would want to know why there are two underaged guys living on their own. Especially if one of them is interested in their daughter.'

Angel scoffs while sitting down and he puts his face in his hands. I walk into the living room and sit across from him. 'Angel, all we have to do is carry on blending in and nothing will happen. You just have to keep taking your pills.' I say.

'I will. I don't want to have another black out, not like last time. I don't-'

I interrupt him. 'What happened last time wasn't your fault.'

'You don't know what happened.' He stands up, shouting at me. 'You weren't there. What happened was my fault. She's gone and it's all my fault.' Angel screams as he falls to the floor in tears.

I go down to his level and hug him. 'Listen I'm not going to leave you alone. I'll always be there for you, no matter what.'

Not even Angel knows what really happened and I intend to keep it that way, because the truth would kill him.

***

SAGE POV

Sage:

What are you doing tonight?

It's only been a day since I last saw Kree but I miss him.

Kree:

Just busy with something

Sage:

Oh, so are you nothing going to this party tonight?

Kree:

No.

Hmmm.

Sage:

Ok. I guess I'll see you another time then.

He doesn't reply to my text but I try not to take it to heart. Like he said, he's busy.