Chapter 18

SAGE POV

'What was that look?' I ask Kree, once everyone has left us at the lockers.

'What look?' He shifts his gaze away from me, clearly knowing what I'm asking.

'The one between you and Angel when Bee's mom was here.'

'No look.' He shrugs. 'We should get to class.' He holds out his hand for me to take. I let it go because maybe I'm being paranoid.

'Can't we just skip today and go somewhere?' I ask, not wanting to part from him.

'Oh, is my little Sage wanting to break the rules?' He gasp, sarcastically.

'Shut up,' I lightly shove him.

He leans down. 'You're such a bad influence.' He whisper against my lips down, giving me a chaste kiss before dragging me into the direction of my class. 'Go.'

***

Art is one of those lessons which nobody in this school takes seriously, not even our teacher, who was brought in at the last minute to replace the promiscuous Mrs. Day. He's just here to collect his cheque and move on. There's a rumour that he sells weed to the students. Now I'm not normally someone who listens to rumours but he does look like a drug dealer.

I look around and see Kerrys on her phone, as usual, sexting Angel, Theia flirting with a girl who has fallen victim to her charms and Kayla watching Angus Thongs and Perfect Snogging on her iPad. A phone rings in the class and I turn around to see whose it is. Unfortunately, I make eye contact with Bailey, who gives me a stenk face before answering her phone. Ugh, that girl.

'Hey baby,' she purrs. 'Yeah babe, all they keep talking about is Bee like seriously there are more important topics you know, such as me and my 17th birthday party.' She rambles on. She's so insensitive.

'I know but I can't, I'm at school.' She's engrossed in whatever conversation she's having. 'Oh alright then, just for you hehehe.' She places the phone down on the desk and starts unbuttoning her top. What is she doing? She then picks up her phone and takes a picture of her chest, showing her lacy pink bra and seemingly sends it. 'Check your messages babe.'

'Ugh, I thought I was bad, but she is even worse.' Kerrys expresses.

'I would.' Theia shrugs, eating a chocolate bar . I swear she's like a vending machine.

'I know I know, I can't wait to see you too at my birthday party.' She says lazily. This must be the older guy she's dating.'Yeah, I did what you asked, I sent everyone invitations.' She huffs. '...which is going to be amazing. You are coming right babe?... WHATTTT?!!' She stands up. 'What do you mean you aren't coming? It's my birthday.' She squeals. 'I need you there to show everyone that I have such a super hot older boyfriend.'

She sits back down slowly. 'Oh yeah sorry for shouting. Oh yeah okay, maybe we can do something together after the party.' This is amusing to watch. 'Oh really? Oh okay, well let me know when you can okay? She stutters out and the phone beeps. 'Babe, babe are you still there?' She pulls the phone away from her ear and once she realises whoever has cut off she stands up, shoves her phone in her bag and storms out of the classroom, with the rest of her liquórs following behind.

'Bailey wait,' Both girls say, rushing after her. I look at the teacher and he's asleep. Shaking my head, I focused back on my girls.

'The weirdest thing happened today. I got an invitation to Bailey's party.' Theia says, confusingly.

'Me too,' the twins say at the same time.

'That's strange, so did I.' We look at each other, wondering what her game is.