Chapter 6

KREE POV
I get home after my run and head straight to the fridge for a bottle of water. 'Angel bangs around behind me 'Dude, what the fuck, we're supposed to be unpacking together, where have you been?'

I roll my eyes 'I'm sure you can handle unwrapping a few boxes, or do I have to clean up every single one of your messes?'

Angel kisses his teeth, 'Whatever, bro'. He sits down and puts his feet up on the table. 'So I see you and Bailey getting close, are you gonna hit that?' I don't reply. 'What, have you already hit? We've only been here a day.'

'She's not my type' I shake my head.

'What, hot is not your type?' Angel asks astoundingly.

'Yeah, but full on isn't', I look at him sideways.

'So can I smash that?' Angel asks.

'Is that all you think about? We're here to keep a low profile, not make a name for ourselves and fuck everything that walks. STAY. OUT. OF. TROUBLE!' I point at him then walk out the kitchen, whilst hearing...

'Me? Trouble? Never!'

***

As I take off my gym clothes, I look out my window and I see her. Fuck she's sexy. She doesn't even need to try and my dick twitches. She's wearing a t-shirt and shorts with her hair up and glasses on. She looks so relaxed, peaceful even. She doesn't need me coming in and messing up her whole life. But I don't think I'll be able to help myself. I just want to get to know her.

'Yo K, pizzas here.' Angel breaks me out of my thoughts.

***

SAGE POV

As I'm reading my book, I feel someone looking at me. I turn and see a glimpse of a shadow from next door's top window. I get up to look through the window and see that nobody is there. My focus is brought back into the room as I hear Shay calling me for dinner.I walk through the corridor and meet with Shay as we walk down the stairs. 'Are you ready to tell them?' I ask her. She nods at me and smiles nervously. 'Don't worry, they'll love you no matter what and you'll always be their second favourite daughter'. That makes her laugh, as we approach the dining table.We sit and eat in comfortable silence. I look over at Shay and she looks as if she's going to pass out. 

'Mom, dad, we have something important to tell you'. 

Dad drops his fork and sighs. 'Oh God you're pregnant'. Shocked by that response, we don't say anything to correct him. 

Mom adds, 'Oh, what would the neighbours say - oh I know, they'd say 'I'm too young to be a grandmother'. Sage, how could you do this to me, to us? Have you seen your father? He's not granddad material, he's still sexy'.

'Ew, mom' Shay and I both say. They both go off on a rant and after what felt like the longest five minutes of my life, Shay decides to stand and shout.

'Nobody's pregnant, I gay'. The talking stops and both my parents look at Shay. 'Yes, that's right, I like girls - one in particular'.

'Oh thank God', my dad breathes out. 'Girls?' My mom asks. 

'Yeah, actually Luna is my girlfriend'. 

'Well, as long as you're happy, that's all that matters', both parents say. 

'I've always liked that Luna, she has a nice style, she's cute too, You should invite her over for dinner sometime, I'd love to meet her again'. Mom says.

'Mom, you've just seen her last week' I add.

Yeah but that's when she was Shay's friend, now she is the girlfriend, we need an official unveiling', my mum replies.'Don't be weird Mom, I really like her', Shay says.

***

KREE POV

I'm walking down the school corridor on the way to lunch when I hear a door open and shuffling behind me. I turn and see Angel and Kerrys stumbling out of a vacant classroom fixing their clothes and smiling. Angel sees me and chuckles, following me to the cafeteria. We sit in our usual seats and I raise an eyebrow at him. 'I wanted a bit of Mexican, not none of the sloppy joes they serve here.'

'Really?' I look at him astoundingly, but also not shocked because this is Angel.

'Yeah, a nice warm taco', he wriggles his eyes, then looks over to where Kerrys is sitting and winks at her. She blushes and carries on with her conversation with the girls. 

'You're actually disgusting', we both laugh it out. I look over to were Sage is sat and I can't seem to take my eyes away from her, which Angel picks up on. 'Bro, we're surrounded by a whole buffet, you've got options, pick more than one.'

'Is that what you're doing with Kerrys?' I ask him.

'Maybe, maybe not. You know me, I don't get attached.' Angel replies.

'Your attachment issues is one of the reasons why we're stuck in this godforsaken town, so don't lecture me about attachment', I sternly say to him.

'Bro, nothing's going happen this time.' Angel says whilst he gets up and looks over to the next table, nodding at a girl, who looks around, gets up, and follows him out. I glance back at the girls and notice than Sage is sat on her own and the rest of the girls walk off somewhere. I get up and approach her table. She looks up, unsure of how to react to me, considering I've dismissed her twice in two days. 'Hey, gorgeous'.

'Hey?' She puts her head back down, picking at her food. I'm in her bad books. 

'Sorry about yesterday outside the Principal's office and also outside the house, I had a lot on my mind-' She cuts me off. 

'It's fine, you don't owe me anything.' She says.

'But I do owe you something.' I say sitting down opposite her. 

'What?' She blankly stares at me.

'An explanation.' I say.'

Kree...' she says cautiously.

'Come over tonight', I demand.

'I didn't hear a question', she fires back.

'That's because it wasn't.' I say, staring at her with a smirk until she looks away. 'You're blushing', my smirk goes into a full blown smile. 'I'm black, I don't blush', she says. I laugh and continue to stare at her, as she has a smile on her face.

 'No, but you do glow.'

A/N: How's about a double update?👀 We really appreciate all of the views so far. If we reach 100 views by the next scheduled update (1/10/2020) then we will upload TWO chapters to celebrate. The ball is in your court!

Until then, T&V xx